By the Numbers
- More nationally competitive scholarship winners than all other Oklahoma colleges combined
- Freshmen receiving financial assistance: 100%
- Freshman retention rate: 82%
- Freshmen in Top 10% of their high school class: 54%
- A Top 100 private research institution and Oklahoma’s highest-ranked private university (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 179 among all 800 U.S. research universities and liberal arts colleges (Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education)
- No. 7 among Best Colleges for Engineering Majors (Money.com)
- No. 79 best value among all national universities (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 20 among universities that emphasize science, technology, engineering and math (Forbes)
- No. 1 university in Oklahoma (Wall Street Journal and WalletHub.com)
- No. 68 on the Grateful Graduates Index (Forbes)
- Listed in The Princeton Review’s The Best 386 Colleges guide
- Listed in The Princeton Review’s Best Value Colleges guide
- Listed in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges: 2021 Edition
- Listed among “America’s Top Colleges” by Forbes and the Center for College Affordability and Productivity
- Listed in Fiske Guide to Colleges
- Tulsa Undergraduate Research Challenge involves TU’s youngest students in advanced research and faculty mentorship.
- A unique agreement with City of Tulsa allows TU to manage the world-renowned Gilcrease Museum.
- TU students and employees volunteered more than 76,000 community service hours in 2019-20 through the True Blue Neighbors program.
- Oklahoma Center for the Humanities at TU promotes critical thought, ethical inquiry, bold imagination and respect for the diversity of human experience.
- TU, named the greenest university in Oklahoma, powers its renowned Case Tennis Center through rooftop solar panels.
College of Engineering & Natural Sciences
- The College of Engineering and Natural Sciences has been ranked among the top 25 STEM Colleges by Forbes America’s Best Colleges.
- The College of Engineering and Natural Sciences reports an overall placement rate of 95% (employed and graduate school).
- TU’s cyber security program is ranked No. 23 by U.S. News (tied with Harvard).
- Cyber Corps and the Institute for Information Security train students to defend against cyber attacks on our country, companies and infrastructure.
- The Tandy School of Computer Science is recognized as a designated Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance, Cyber Defense Education, IA Research and Cyber Operations.
- McDougall School of Petroleum Engineering is ranked No. 3 among petroleum engineering graduate schools and No. 5 among undergraduate PE schools by U.S. News.
- Make a Difference Engineering (MADE@TU) initiative designs and fabricates mobility and developmental devices for disabled children and adults in the community.
Kendall College of Arts & Sciences
- 96% placement rates in jobs or graduate school
- Students regularly win competitive awards such as the Harry S. Truman Scholarship, Marshall Scholarship, Fulbright Scholarship and the Vance and Betty Lee Stickell Student Internship.
- Since its inception more than 25 years ago, Third Floor Design, TU’s student-run graphic design studio, has provided quality, pro-bono design work for 216 agencies valued at $1.5 million. All 140 student interns over the years have had a 100% job placement rate after graduation.
- Psychology research (via Tulsa Institute for Trauma, Adversity & Injustice) includes post-traumatic stress disorder, sleep disturbance and pain tolerance information.
Oxley College of Health Sciences
- Advanced partnership with Laureate Institute for Brain Research; projects include Alzheimer’s disease and anxiety
- Only Nurse Anesthesia doctor of nursing practice program in Oklahoma (began August 2020)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) doctor of nursing practice programs accredited by ACEN
- Highest ranked DNP program in Oklahoma (U.S. News)
- 100% first-time pass rate for all graduate students — athletic training, speech-language pathology, FNP and AG-ACNP — who took their respective certification/licensure exam in the spring/summer 2020 (this includes students who graduated in the spring and summer 2020)
- Entire first two cohorts of FNP and AG-ACNP graduates (2019 and 2020) passed certification exams
- State-of-the-art Lawson Clinical Simulation Center
- Home to the Tulsa chapter of the Albert Schweitzer Fellowship
- Annual Route 66 Conference on Communication Disorders (25th anniversary in 2020)
- Extensive clinical experiences:
- Students involved: 205
- Clinical hours: 44,929
- Patients/clients seen: 13,793
- Sites: 122
Collins College of Business
- Fewer than one-third of business schools in the United States are accredited by AACSB International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. TU is one of only two private universities in Oklahoma to hold this distinction.
- The School of Energy Economics, Policy & Commerce prepares students for the energy industry and houses one of only 10 AAPL-approved energy management programs in the nation.
- Student teams regularly place in the top spots in the Love’s Entrepreneur’s Cup.
- TU finance students actively manage the Student Investment Fund, a portfolio with a value of more than $8 million in 2022, which places it among the Top 25 in the nation. In addition to providing real-stakes, real-dollar financial management experience, the fund provides earnings that subsidize scholarships for finance students.
- Eight times a year, the Friends of Finance executive speakers series brings leading executives to the TU campus to share their knowledge and explore important business issues.
- Students have access to a state-of-the-art trading floor learning environment that includes 12 Bloomberg terminals.
College of Law
Top 25 Best Value Law School among Public and Private Schools (preLaw Magazine)
- No. 10 for job placement (American Bar Association)
- No. 16 for bar passage (American Bar Association)
- No. 74 for clinical program (American Bar Association)
- Top 5 Best Value Private Law School (preLaw Magazine)
- Best Law Building (preLaw Magazine)
- Top 5 Best School for American Indians (preLaw Magazine)
- Two renowned journals: Energy Law Journal and Tulsa Law Review
- 19 diverse student organizations
- Five clinics
- 150+ externship partners across the country
- 17 NCAA Division I teams
- A league-best nine American Athletic Conference championships during the first two years of membership
- Entered American Athletic Conference on July 1, 2014