By the Numbers
- More nationally competitive scholarship winners than all other Oklahoma colleges combined
- Students receiving financial assistance: 94%
- Freshman retention rate: 88%
- Freshmen in Top 10% of their high school class: 76%
- Academic averages for incoming freshmen: GPA 3.9; ACT 30; SAT 1220
- A Top 100 private research institution and Oklahoma’s highest-ranked private university (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 166 among all 800 U.S. research universities and liberal arts colleges (Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education)
- No. 7 among Best Colleges for Engineering Majors (Money.com)
- No. 55 best value among all national universities (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 20 among universities that emphasize science, technology, engineering and math (Forbes)
- No. 4 among petroleum engineering graduate schools (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 1 university in Oklahoma (Wall Street Journal and WalletHub.com)
- No. 68 on the Grateful Graduates Index (Forbes)
- Listed in The Princeton Review’s The Best 386 Colleges guide
- Listed in The Princeton Review’s Best Value Colleges guide
- Listed in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges: 2021 Edition
- Listed among “America’s Top Colleges” by Forbes and the Center for College Affordability and Productivity
- Listed in Fiske Guide to Colleges
- Tulsa Undergraduate Research Challenge involves TU’s youngest students in advanced research and faculty mentorship.
- A unique agreement with City of Tulsa allows TU to manage the world-renowned Gilcrease Museum.
- TU students and employees volunteered more than 70,000 community service hours in 2019 through the True Blue Neighbors program.
- Oklahoma Center for the Humanities at TU promotes critical thought, ethical inquiry, bold imagination and respect for the diversity of human experience.
- TU, named the greenest university in Oklahoma, powers its Case Tennis Center through rooftop solar panels.
Kendall College of Arts & Sciences
- 96% placement rates in jobs or graduate school
- Students regularly win competitive awards such as the Harry S. Truman Scholarship, Marshall Scholarship, Fulbright Scholarship and the Vance and Betty Lee Stickell Student Internship.
- Since its inception more than 25 years ago, Third Floor Design, TU’s student-run graphic design studio, has provided quality, pro-bono design work for 216 agencies valued at $1.5 million. All 140 student interns over the years have had a 100% job placement rate after graduation.
- Psychology research (via Tulsa Institute for Trauma, Adversity and Injustice) includes post-traumatic stress disorder, sleep disturbance and pain tolerance information.
Oxley College of Health Sciences
- Advanced partnership with Laureate Institute for Brain Research; projects include Alzheimer’s disease and anxiety
- Only Nurse Anesthesia doctor of nursing practice program in Oklahoma (began August 2020)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) doctor of nursing practice programs accredited by ACEN
- 100% first-time pass rate for all graduate students — athletic training, speech-language pathology, FNP and AG-ACNP — who took their respective certification/licensure exam in the spring/summer 2020 (this includes students who graduated in the spring and summer 2020)
- Entire first two cohorts of FNP and AG-ACNP graduates (2019 and 2020) passed certification exams
- State-of-the-art Lawson Clinical Simulation Center
- Home to the Tulsa Schweitzer Fellowship
- Annual Route 66 Conference on Communication Disorders (25th anniversary in 2020)
- Extensive clinical experiences:
- Students involved: 205
- Clinical hours: 44,929
- Patients/clients seen: 13,793
- Sites: 122
Collins College of Business
- Fewer than one-third of business schools in the United States are accredited by AACSB International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. TU is one of only two private universities in Oklahoma to hold this distinction.
- The School of Energy Economics, Policy and Commerce prepares students for the energy industry and houses one of only 10 AAPL-approved energy management programs in the nation.
- Student teams regularly place in the top spots in the Love’s Entrepreneur’s Cup.
- TU finance students actively manage the Student Investment Fund, a portfolio with a value of more than $5 million. In addition to providing real-stakes, real-dollar financial management experience, the fund provides earnings that subsidize scholarships for finance students.
- Eight times a year, the Friends of Finance executive speakers series brings leading executives to the TU campus to share their knowledge and explore important business issues.
- Students have access to a state-of-the-art trading floor learning environment that includes 12 Bloomberg terminals.
- The Business Career Center offers more than 80 events each year for the business students and alumni to connect with employers, preparing students and alumni for success in their internship and full-time career paths.
College of Law
Top 25 Best Value Law School among Public and Private Schools (preLaw Magazine)
- No. 10 for job placement (American Bar Association)
- No. 16 for bar passage (American Bar Association)
- No. 74 for clinical program (American Bar Association)
- Top 5 Best Value Private Law School (preLaw Magazine)
- Best Law Building (preLaw Magazine)
- Top 5 Best School for American Indians (preLaw Magazine)
- Two renowned journals: Energy Law Journal and Tulsa Law Review
- 19 diverse student organizations
- Five clinics
- 150+ externship partners across the country
College of Engineering & Natural Sciences
- The College of Engineering and Natural Sciences has been ranked among the top 25 STEM Colleges by Forbes America’s Best Colleges.
- The College of Engineering and Natural Sciences reports an overall job placement rate of 95% (employed and graduate school).
- Cyber Corps and the Institute for Information Security train students to defend against cyber attacks on our country, companies and infrastructure.
- The Tandy School of Computer Science is recognized as a designated Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance, Cyber Defense Education, IA Research and Cyber Operations.
- McDougall School of Petroleum Engineering is ranked No. 4 in Petroleum Engineering Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- McDougall School of Petroleum Engineering employs cutting-edge technology and conducts research for global energy corporations.
- Make a Difference Engineering (MADE@TU) initiative designs and fabricates mobility and developmental devices for disabled residents in the community.
- The Tandy School of Computer Science’s computer simulation and gaming degree is recognized as a top 50 gaming program by The Princeton Review.
- 17 NCAA Division I teams
- A league-best nine American Athletic Conference championships during the first two years of membership
- Entered American Athletic Conference on July 1, 2014