BY THE NUMBERS
- More nationally competitive scholarship winners than all Oklahoma colleges combined
- Students receiving financial assistance: 94%
- Freshman retention rate: 88%
- Freshmen in Top 10% of their high school class: 76%
- Academic averages for incoming freshmen: GPA 3.9; ACT 30; SAT 1220
- Rated No. 86 among national universities for 2017 by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked No. 4 among petroleum engineering graduate schools for 2017 by U.S. News & World Report
- Top 100 among law schools in the U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Schools
- Top 100 business school (Bloomberg)
- Listed in Princeton Review’s The Best 381 Colleges guide for 2017
- Listed in “America’s Top Colleges” by Forbes and the Center for College Affordability and Productivity, which also ranked TU in the Top 50 for grateful grads and gave TU an “A” for health of balance sheet
- Included in 2017 Fiske Guide to Colleges
- Tulsa Undergraduate Research Challenge involves TU’s youngest students in advanced research and faculty mentorship.
- A unique agreement with City of Tulsa allows TU to manage the world-renowned Gilcrease Museum.
- TU students and employees volunteered more than 58,000 community service hours last year through the True Blue Neighbors program.
- Oklahoma Center for the Humanities at TU promotes critical thought, ethical inquiry, bold imagination and respect for the diversity of human experience.
- TU, named the greenest university in Oklahoma, will soon power its Case Tennis Center through solar panels.
Kendall College of Arts & Sciences
- Third Floor Design provides pro bono award-winning graphic services to area nonprofit organizations.
- Psychology research (via Tulsa Institute for Trauma, Adversity and Injustice) includes post-traumatic stress disorder, sleep and pain tolerance.
Oxley College of Health Sciences
- Advanced partnership with Laureate Institute for Brain Research; projects include concussion effects among football players, Alzheimer’s disease and anxiety
Collins College of Business
- School of Energy Economics, Policy and Commerce prepares students for the energy industry and houses one of only 11 AAPL-approved energy management programs in the nation.
- Student teams won top spots in the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Governor’s Cup collegiate business plan competitions.
College of Law
- Top 100 Law School (US News & World Report)
- Best Value Private Law School (PreLaw Magazine)
- Renowned programs in Native American law and sustainable energy and natural resources law
College of Engineering & Natural Sciences
- Cyber Corps and Institute for Information Security train students to defend against cyber attacks on our country, companies and infrastructure.
- McDougall School of Petroleum Engineering employs cutting-edge technology and conducts research for global energy corporations.
Make a Difference Engineering (MADE at TU) initiative designs and fabricates mobility and developmental devices for disabled residents in the community.
The Tandy School of Computer Science computer simulation and gaming degree is recognized as a top 50 gaming program by the Princeton Review
- 17 NCAA Division I teams
- A league-best nine American Athletic Conference Championships over the first two years of membership
- Entered American Athletic Conference on July 1, 2014