International Students - The University of Tulsa
Close Menu
Close Menu

International Students

International group in costume

View our International Student brochure
You are an international student if you will require a visa to attend The University of Tulsa. U.S. citizens and permanent residents should apply using the domestic student application. You are considered a transfer student if you have attended another university following high school graduation. Students with fewer than 48 hours of college credit need to submit a high school transcript in addition to college transcripts. You are considered a first-year student if you are entering university for the first time. If you are applying for a Master’s or PhD program, you will need to submit a graduate school application.

In order to have sufficient time to have an application processed, submit all documents, apply for a student visa, and travel to the US, students are advised to allow at least two to three months to complete the entire procedure. Visit International Student & Scholar Services for additional support.

Undergraduate Application Requirements

Recommended Materials

  • Counselor or teacher recommendation letters
  • Certificate of awards/competition: for Global Ambassador Scholarship consideration.
  • Personal essay
  • SAT or ACT scores
    • Send your scores directly from the testing agency using the ETS (TOEFL/SAT) institution code: 6883 or the ACT institution code: 3444.

Sponsored Students

If you will be sponsored by a government or agency, your sponsors must provide a signed and/or certified, official letter dated within the last 12 months that indicates that the sponsor will cover all costs. TU will also accept letters issued for admission purposes only.

If you intend to have your spouse and/or children accompany you, the sponsorship letter should also mention coverage of your dependents. If the sponsorship letter does not include your spouse and children, you must provide evidence of sufficient financial means of support for dependents on your Confirmation of Financial Resources.

  • Application Steps


    Incoming first year and transfer students can apply through TU application (Opens June 1) or the Common Application. (Opens August 1).

    Submit application documents: You can upload your documents through your application portal or send them to

        • Passport identification page.
        • English proficiency test score (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, PTE). Copies of official test scores are accepted if they can be verified by an admission official on the testing website. Send us copies of your test scores by email to or by uploading it through your application portal. If your score report cannot be verified online, your application will not move forward in the process until we receive your official scores directly from the testing agency.
        • Transcripts: All high school/secondary transcripts. TU does not require secondary school transcripts if you have successfully completed more than 48 semester hours of academic credit.
        • Certificate of financial resources: The certificate of financial resources form, as well as a bank statement can be submitted by email at Students will not be admitted to The University of Tulsa and a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) or (DS-2019) will not be issued until this information is provided and verified. Please click the link here to access the form.
  • Tuition & Fees

Contact Us

Please email if you have any questions regarding international admission.

International Admission Counselors:
• Kaili Zhang
• Monica Scott

WhatsApp: +1 539-325-0924
WeChat: +1 539-325-0924

You can also schedule a virtual appointment with us.