Frequently Asked Questions - The University of Tulsa
Close Menu
Close Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

Veterans FAQ

If you will be entering as a freshman, please use the first-year application. This application is for first-year applicants who have not attended a university or college since high school.


If you have obtained college credits since high school you will be using our transfer application. This application is for students who have previously enrolled at a college or university, including technical and military programs.

Yes, however, they are waived for student Veterans.

Education benefits can be applied for via the site. For eligibility or payment history visit

Prior to each semester an enrollment certification will be completed and processed by the McKee Veterans Success Center.

If you have any questions regarding your education benefits, please email or call (918) 631-3104 to make an appointment.

The McKee Veterans Success Center certifies student enrollments to the VA prior to the beginning of the term. Recipients of the Post/9-11 GI Bill® should receive funding for books, supplies, etc. 2 weeks prior to the 1st day of classes.

Yes. You should apply for your FAFSA. Please keep in mind that eligibility varies by student. Also, if you are only eligible for loans, you have the option to decline them.

It is possible but it is a case-by-case situation dependent upon your anticipated degree plan.

For Undergraduate and Law students, 12+ hours is considered full time. For Graduate school students, 9+ hours is considered full time.

Yes, we keep a list of scholarship opportunities here.

Please keep in mind that these opportunities are not necessarily affiliated with TU or the McKee Veterans Success Center, and their being on the list does not ensure that a recipient will be chosen from TU.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at