FAQ: Transfer Student Financial Aid & Scholarships - The University of Tulsa

FAQ: Transfer Student Financial Aid & Scholarships

Transfer Student Financial Aid & Scholarships

DACA students are welcome to apply to TU and will be considered for scholarships automatically. DACA students are required to submit the same materials as US citizens to be considered for admission.

Our Veteran Student Services can assist you with your VA benefits. We also have the Yellow Ribbon program. Visit the TU Student Veterans web page for more information about VA benefits.

Oklahoma Promise can be applied at TU. Tulsa Achieves is specific to TCC, but we offer a Tulsa Achieves academic scholarship.

Institutional aid does not transfer with you; you will reapply for scholarships and financial aid with TU. However, it is likely that outside scholarships will be applied towards your TU students. Students should check with those scholarship administrators directly to determine this. To be considered for need-based aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have already submitted a FAFSA, you can add TU to the list of schools using the TU’s school code 003185. Take a look at our Net Price Calculator to get an idea of what cost to expect.

Students may sign a consortium agreement which allows students to take courses at both TCC and TU and receive full financial aid. Visit with your Financial Aid Counselor for more details.

No. Scholarship recipients must be full-time to receive scholarships.

Yes! PTK members who have a 3.5 minimum GPA and at least 30 hours of college credit are eligible for the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship of $24,000 per year.

Yes! All transfer students are considered for scholarships at the time of admission, and a large majority of transfer applicants receive an academic scholarship. There is not a separate application for academic scholarships.