I hope everyone is safe, healthy and, like me, flattening the curve like a rockstar. These are certainly interesting times. In response, your IT team has focused diligently on improvement. Surprisingly each of our current tasks and projects were already present and accounted for on our roadmap and, while the roadmap hasn’t changed much, the timeline has certainly escalated.
To better empower our colleagues to work from home, since the first of April we:
- Worked with HR to get orientation online
- Significantly increased protections on the university border firewall, protecting people from attacks from the internet
- Worked with Purchasing to move purchase orders to PDF
- Supported Financial Aid through an Ellucian engagement resulting in immediate improvements and efficiencies to processes and implementation of automations
- We provided 216 students with Adobe Creative Cloud licenses
Again, there’s so much on our ‘honey do’ list that marking a few as complete is fulfilling.
April plans? We are in the first month of a Colleague Refresh project. We are rapidly building out our network and systems to be better accessible and, most importantly, usable by our now-remote students. We, like the rest of the world, are noticing a palpable uptick in cyber attacks and phishing attempts. We are responding with increased communications and implementing additional layers of protection to help you distinguish the nefarious from the good. Our web environment is better than ever and we are trying to ensure all important communications are communicated and published online. Our Help Desk, though remote, is staying on top of tickets and currently evaluating a smarter tool to not only collect tickets, but provide usable metrics on them. Everything we do, we do for you TU.
For all those (zero?) down times in our new normal, here are a few reading materials. Would love your feedback:
- Newly published TU IT Governance Structure
- Review help.utulsa.edu – our new one-stop-shop for self-service help
- COVID19 IT starting points for Students, Student Supporters/Parents, Faculty, Staff
As always, if you need anything or would like to share concerns/ideas, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you for everything you do!
Vice President for Information Technology & Chief Information Officer
Email me: email@example.com