Bursar Resources - The University of Tulsa

Bursar Resources

The Office of the Bursar is here to help as you make tuition and fee payments and manage other financial activities.

Registration marks the official start to a student’s enrollment at The University of Tulsa.  But, many other steps follow for both students and their families.  Navigating the process of billing to payment should be a simple one.  We’ve collected some resources to make that simplicity a reality.

  • Billing and Payment Information

    Registration and Billing

    Selecting your courses is vital to your enrollment for the upcoming semester.  After you have enrolled, on or after the dates listed below, you’ll receive an email asking you to login to the Student Hub to review your bill.  This bill will include charges for tuition, fees and housing.

    • Fall billing will begin on Aug. 21
    • Spring billing will begin on Jan. 16

    Tuition and fees must be paid in full or set up in a payment plan by Sept. 15. Enrollment in a payment plan requires a 25% down payment.

    Non-payment, per the terms above, or a failed payment plan will result in cancellation of enrollment.

    • A failed payment plan is considered to be two missed payments and/or two payments that have been returned unpaid.
    • Click here to learn more about our Tuition Payment Policy.

    If someone other than you, like a parent, guardian, grandparent, or spouse, is helping pay your tuition and fees, you can add them as an authorized user so they can access your account.


  • Where's My Refund?

    Are you entitled to a refund?

    • You could be owed a refund after your student loan or aid is applied to your student account.
    • You may also receive a cancellation of tuition charges after dropping a class or withdrawing from a semester. The amount of your cancellation of charges depends on how far into a semester you’ve dropped a class.  Click here to view the deadlines for dropping or withdrawing from classes.
    • Overpaying or cancelling a charge could also result in a refund, for example, if you changed your meal plan or waived your student health plan.

    If any of the above applies, we will automatically issue a refund by direct deposit or check.

    Where’s My Refund?

    The University of Tulsa strongly encourages your enrollment in direct deposit for all refund checks that you receive from TU.  The advantage of having direct deposit is that the funds will be deposited into your account one day earlier than you can pick up a paper check from the Bursar’s Office.  To set this up, simply follow these simple instructions:

          • Login to your Student Hub.
          • Under the Quick Links, click the “Self Service” tab.
          • Once on that tab, click “Student Financial Information” and then “Direct Deposit Info (non-payroll, US Banks).”
          • Enter all the required information and read all the terms and conditions.
          • Check the box at the bottom of the screen that states “I agree” and select “Submit.”

    The loan funds will disburse to TU during the first week of classes, as long as you have completed all requirements necessary for them to do so.  The Bursar’s Office will then take out all charges and issue the excess in a refund to you.  We will issue this refund to you within 14 days from the date the loan credits to your student account.

    What if I don’t setup Direct Deposit?

    Refunds will be issued as paper checks for all students not enrolled in Direct Deposit.  Paper checks are available for pickup at the Bursar’s Office Teller Window the day following the issuance of direct deposit refunds.


  • 1098-T Tax Documents

    What is the 1098-T Form?

    The 1098-T is a form sent by The Office of the Bursar that helps you and the IRS determine if you’re eligible to claim educational related tax credits, like the American Opportunity Credit or Lifetime Learning Tax Credit.

    Educational institutions like The University of Tulsa are required to file informational returns with the IRS that indicate a student’s enrollment and to report payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses.

    The form is an informational return for your personal records.   You do not need to submit it with your tax return.  Knowing if you are eligible for a tax credit is your responsibility.  You can learn more about this from Publication 970 from the IRS.

    The dollar amounts reported on your Form 1098-T may assist you in completing IRS Form 8863 – the form used for calculating the education tax credits that a taxpayer may claim as part of your tax return.

    The University of Tulsa is unable to provide you with individual tax advice, but should you have questions, you should seek the counsel of an informed tax preparer or adviser.

  • Other Resources

    Please use the links below for more information on these topics.