We encourage students to use the following resources within the Golden OpporTUnities student portal to gain helpful information in regards to major/career exploration.
FOCUS 2 Assessment
The FOCUS 2 Assessment contains a variety of resources to help our students find a career that fits their interests and skill sets.
- The Career Readiness tab helps students identify career and educational goals, academic strengths, work experiences and accomplishments, career planning status, and personal development needs.
- The Self-Assessment tab contains the work interest assessment, personality assessment, skills assessment, values assessment, and leisure interest assessment. These assessments help narrow down your interests and skills and will pair you with careers that fit with your profile.
- The Explore the Possibilities tab helps you research careers by occupation name, industry, and major. It also allows you to compare two occupations side by side to see the pros and cons of each occupation.
- The Career Portfolio tab is a place where you can review and update any saved careers or majors that pique your interest.
If you would like to take the FOCUS 2 assessment, please visit our FOCUS 2 Portal and use the access code “career” when setting up your account.
What Can I Do With This Major?
Whether your student is exploring multiple majors or searching for information about his/her chosen field, this site will help your student connect majors to careers. Learn more about the typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make your student a more marketable candidate. Continue your research on majors and careers through the following links provided.
- Majors: https://whatcanidowiththismajor.com/major/majors
- How to Use This Resource: https://whatcanidowiththismajor.com/major/how-to-use-this-resource
Journey (Work Interest Assessment)
- The Work Interest Assessment, provided by OKCareerGuide.org, is an online assessment that uses the Kuder Journey portal to help Oklahoma students and adults in determining a college major, preparing for their first career or making a career change.
- A video tutorial can be found at: http://ww2.kuder.com/content/resources/tutorials/Journey/Overview/16-National-career-clusters/Journey-Overview-National.html
Career Finder (Quick Interest Assessment)
- The Career Finder can help you find out what your interests are and how they relate to the world of work.
- You can find out what you like to do.
- Career Finder helps you decide what kinds of careers you might want to explore.