Making A Disability Accommodation Request
Follow these steps to make a disability accommodation request (see the forms below for more details):
- Submit the Application for Disability Services.
- Ask a qualified health care provider to either submit the Disability Verification Form and/or submit their own report documenting the conditions/diagnoses, functional limitations, and recommended accommodations.
- For requests for assistance animals, students should also ask their health care provider to fill out the Recommendation for Assistance Animal Form.
- To make changes to existing accommodations, students should fill out the Change Form (and submit any documentation from their health care provider with updates if needed to explain the new needs).
- Talk with a staff member at CSAS to discuss their needs (call or email to schedule an appointment).
Using Disability Accommodations
Getting approved accommodations set up is easy:
- CSAS sends an outcome letter to the student after accommodation requests are reviewed.
- The student then meets with a CSAS staff member to discuss how to utilize their approved accommodations and set them up.
- The student will receive letters to give their professors every semester with approval for their accommodations.
CSAS staff stay in touch with registered students throughout their time at the University of Tulsa. Students can contact CSAS at any time with questions or for help.
Please note that the forms for requesting accommodations serve as a guide only. A medical professional may submit their own reports or documents, as long as they contain adequate information to consider accommodation requests (such as diagnosis, functional limitations, recommended accommodations).
Guidelines & Policies
- 504/ADA Accommodation Policy for Students with Disabilities
- Assistance Animals Guidelines
- AD/HD Documentation Guidelines for the Diagnosing Professional
- Learning Disabilities (LD) Documentation Guidelines for the Diagnosing Professional
- Rights and Responsibilities of Students with Accommodations
- Application for Disability Services
- Request for Change of Disability Accommodations
- Disability Verification Form (to be completed by Psychiatrist/Psychologist/Diagnosing Physician/Licensed Health Care Provider)
- Confidential Recommendation for Assistance Animal (to be Completed by Diagnosing Physician)
- Tutoring Services Application Form