CSAS Mission Statement
The Center for Student Academic Support provides programs designed to increase student retention by providing a range of resources and support to enhance student success. The University philosophy on providing academic support is geared towards helping students to transition to personally responsible adults who are empowered to pursue motivation and accountability for their own academic and personal success.
CSAS Vision Statement
The Center for Student Academic Support strives to serve as a leader in exemplary academic support programming and initiatives through inclusive and affirming practices that will position all students on a path to lifelong learning and success.
CSAS Learning Outcomes
CSAS aims to help students develop self-advocacy skills that will serve them throughout life. We believe this is acquired through support and encouragement promoting autonomy and lifelong learning.
To achieve this desired end, CSAS promotes specific learning outcomes for students. Through their work with CSAS, students will be empowered to:
- Focus on academic progress and making academic achievement a priority.
- Show proficiency in individual coursework.
- Commit to the highest standards of ethical behavior and integrity.
- Learn new study strategies and improve study skills.
- Enhance test preparation techniques.
- Commit to the highest levels of personal responsibility and accountability.
- Improve time management skills.
- Build assertive communication skills.
- Understand the value of inclusion in academic and professional life and promote equality and fairness.
- Demonstrate honesty.
- Advocate for themselves.
- Exhibit an understanding of personal goals and values, as well as congruence or dissonance with behavior.
- Strive for self-improvement and growth.
- Respect boundaries and interact positively and productively with others.
- Think critically about decision-making and seek to make decisions that contribute positively to themselves and others.
- Pursue health and wellness.