The Allen Chapman Student Union is the ideal venue to host both large and small events.
Consider it for small workshops, group meetings, academic seminars, major speaking engagements, live concerts, symposiums, leadership conferences, religious gatherings and wedding receptions. From a small meeting in the Administrative Conference Room to the Great Hall seating approximately 600 people, it is a rental space designed to fit a range of needs.
Visit the union’s administrative offices where the staff can assist you in making reservations and determining additional services needed to make your event successful.
Here are resources to help you get started:
- Union Reservation Policies and Program Planners Checklist – reminders to ensure you’ve got the details covered for your event
- Damages and Decorations – parameters on providing decorations and responsibility for damages
- Rental Rate Sheet – room rental rates, event management costs and equipment rental fees (internal departments and student groups are not charged for space rentals when hosting university-related events)
- Room Specifications and Diagrams – meeting space options, room dimensions, setup diagrams and technical support
- Catering on TU’s Campus – all meals, snacks and beverages served on campus must be arranged through TU’s Catering Services Department, which also provides services for receptions, luncheons and banquets
For more information or for general inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For public health and safety reasons, the university does not allow homemade food or outside food exceeding $100 in value to be served on campus. TU departments and student groups who want to have items donated from a licensed vendor or catered from off-campus vendors must contact Dining Services at 918-631-2145 to request more information on the self-catering guidelines, policies and procedures.
Catering Services is located on the first floor of the union. Stop by to discuss your catering needs – whether it’s ordering food for your sweet tooth or getting your black-tie event arranged. In addition to event catering, Catering & Dining Services operates the Pat Case Dining Center, as well as all of the dining sites within the union and across campus.
Self-Catering Policies and Guidelines
Union Equipment and Audiovisual/Technical Services
Discuss any needs for audiovisual or technical equipment at the time of submitting your reservation request. This will allow the staff to determine what services can be arranged.
In addition to the standard union equipment rentals, additional costs associated with renting outside equipment and/or an advanced technician will be reflected on your final invoice for services. For more information, call 918-631-2251.