Campus Security works around the clock to protect the well-being and safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors. From proactive campus patrols to crime prevention programs, your safety is our top concern.
The department has a full-time force of 35 armed officers and 15 unarmed officers who are OK-CLEET (Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training) certified. Working with local law enforcement, we maintain day-to-day operations and implement safety initiatives. The department is supplemented by the employment of off-duty Tulsa Police Officers who assist with patrols and large campus events.
Officers conduct foot, bicycle and vehicular patrols of the campus and residence halls – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The department works closely with the Tulsa Police Department and other federal and state law enforcement agencies to ensure safety and awareness of incidents that may occur on or off campus.
The Communications Center is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with APCO-certified Public Safety Dispatchers (Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials) and other support personnel, who monitor all electronic security systems (fire and intrusion alarms, access control systems, surveillance cameras, emergency phones and radios).
During an emergency
- Remain as calm as possible
- Report the incident to campus security or the police immediately
- Stay on the telephone until help arrives
If you’ve witnessed a crime
- Mentally estimate the suspect’s height, weight, and age
- Remember identifiable characteristics, like facial features, hair, etc.
- Listen to suspect’s speech or accent
- Note the type and color of clothing
- Look for details such as tattoos and scars