Beginning the moment you are admitted to TU, the Center for Career Development and Professional Engagement offers a lifetime of help.
A powerful resource in your corner is the Handshake website. Use it for quick access to job listings posted for TU students and alumni, to RSVP for job fairs, workshops and employer information sessions, or to sign up for on-campus interviews.
Schedule an Appointment
A Career Coach can help you with your resume, provide job/internship search assistance, review your FOCUS 2 career assessment results, and answer a number of career-related questions.
Current Students & Alumni
All current students and alumni may schedule virtual or phone appointments with the Center for Career Development and Professional Engagement staff by using Handshake. Once logged into your Handshake account, you will see “Appointments” underneath the Career Center tab located along the top. If you are an alumna/alumnus and do not yet have a Handshake account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918-631-2345.
Services We Offer for a Lifetime
- Career Planning – identify career options and develop a plan for exploring them
- Resumes – prepare a professional resume, highlighting your most valuable attributes for the position
- Interview Preparation – build your interview skills and feel more confident in your personal presentation by participating in mock interviews
- Career Fairs – participate in a variety of career fairs, where employer representatives come to campus to provide information, and answer questions about their industries, organizations and employment opportunities
- Job Postings/Internships – access current job postings 24-7 through the Handshake portal
- Job Search Strategies – develop and implement a personalized job-search strategy that is right for you with the help of our staff and online resources
- Evaluating Job Offers – weigh the pros and cons of job offers by reviewing pay rates against national area averages and considering other factors
- Presentations – request programs to be presented by our staff on a variety of job-search topics
- Graduate / Professional School Preparation – assist in application processes, review personal statements, and practice mock interviews to help you showcase your best qualities as a potential program applicant
Accessibility @ TU provides resources for students, faculty, staff, and visitors about accessibility and inclusion.
Written by Chris Wong, Career Coach for the College of Engineering and Natural Sciences, he walks us through how CaneCareers serves and supports students while at The University of Tulsa and beyond graduation.
Handshake at TU is supported by a generous gift from Chevron.