We encourage students to use the following resources within the Handshake student portal to gain helpful information in regards to major/career exploration.
FOCUS 2 Assessment
The FOCUS 2 Assessment contains a variety of resources to help our students find a career that fits their interests and skill sets.
- The Career Readiness tab helps students identify career and educational goals, academic strengths, work experiences and accomplishments, career planning status, and personal development needs.
- The Self-Assessment tab contains the work interest assessment, personality assessment, skills assessment, values assessment, and leisure interest assessment. These assessments help narrow down your interests and skills and will pair you with careers that fit with your profile.
- The Explore the Possibilities tab helps you research careers by occupation name, industry, and major. It also allows you to compare two occupations side by side to see the pros and cons of each occupation.
- The Career Portfolio tab is a place where you can review and update any saved careers or majors that pique your interest.
If you would like to take the FOCUS 2 assessment, please visit our FOCUS 2 Portal and use the access code “career” when setting up your account.
What Can I Do With This Major?
Whether your student is exploring multiple majors or searching for information about his/her chosen field, this site will help your student connect majors to careers. Learn more about the typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make your student a more marketable candidate. Continue your research on majors and careers through the following links provided.
- Majors: https://whatcanidowiththismajor.com/major/majors
- How to Use This Resource: https://whatcanidowiththismajor.com/major/how-to-use-this-resource