Throughout the year, the Center for Career Development and Professional Engagement offers a variety of events such as:
- Workshops tailored towards developing professional resumes, interview preparation, job & internship advice and other pertinent programs.
- Information Sessions where employers are making presentations to students regarding their recruitment and hiring needs.
- Employer Spotlights are where featured employers visit the campus and informally talk with students about their companies and programs.
Center for Career Development and Professional Engagement Events
Wednesday, April 1 from 2-2:30pm
Virtual Career Lab: Polishing your Online Presence
Join us on Facebook Live as we discuss best practices for polishing your online presence including tips on utilizing Handshake and LinkedIn. Ask questions to a career coach in real time about how to best market yourself virtually during this time of social distancing.
Wednesday, April 8 from 12-1pm
Netiquette – Communicating Virtually With Employers
Hosted by Sarah Brown, TU Alumna (BA ’07, JD ’10) and Certified Etiquette Trainer
Learn about utilizing modern etiquette online including how to:
– Enhance your personal brand
– Improve your interpersonal communication skills
– Gain the competitive advantage to excel in today’s virtual environment
Virtual Information with the webinar link will be emailed to you. Register on Handshake here.
Wednesday, April 15 from 12-12:30pm
Virtual Career Lab: Resume & Cover Letter Refresh
Join us on Facebook Live as we discuss best practices for refreshing your resume and cover letter. We will review formatting tips and tricks and the purpose behind the cover letter. Ask questions to a career coach in real time about career application documents and how to set yourself apart.
Wednesday, April 22 from 12-12:30pm
Virtual Career Lab: How to Rock Your Remote Interview
Join us on Facebook Live as we discuss how to prepare and successfully navigate a virtual interview. Where do I look as I answer questions? What questions do I prepare ahead of time? How do I answer the question, “Tell me about yourself?” Ask these questions and more to a career coach in real time about conquering your virtual interview.
What is the Etiquette Dinner?
Videos of Recent Events
Virtual Career Lab: Polishing your Online Presence – April 1,2020