Beginning the moment you’re admitted to TU, the Center for Career Development and Professional Engagement offers a lifetime of help.
A powerful resource in your corner is the Handshake website. Use it for quick access to job listings posted for TU students and alumni, to RSVP for job fairs, workshops and employer information sessions, or to sign up for on-campus interviews.
Schedule an Appointment
A Career Coach can help you with your resume, provide job/internship search assistance, review your FOCUS 2 career assessment results with you and answer a number of career-related questions.
Current Students & Alumni (non-business)
All non-business current students and alumni may schedule appointments with Center for Career Development and Professional Engagement staff by using Handshake. Once logged into your Handshake account, you will see “Appointments” underneath the Career Center tab located along the top. If you are an alumnus and do not yet have a Handshake account, please email email@example.com or call (918) 631-2345.
Business Students & Alumni
Please visit the Business Career Center page.
Services We Offer for a Lifetime
- Career Planning – identify career options and develop a plan for exploring them
- Resumes – prepare a professional resume, highlighting your most valuable attributes for the position
- Pre-interview Preparation – build your interview skills and feel more confident in your personal presentation by participating in mock interviews
- Career Fairs – participate in a variety of career fairs, where employer representatives come to campus to provide information and answer questions about their industries, organizations and employment opportunities
- Job Postings/Internships – access current job postings 24-7 through our Handshake portal
- Job Search Strategies – develop and implement an individual job-search strategy that is right for you with the help of our staff and online resources
- Evaluating Job Offers – weigh the pros and cons of job offers by reviewing pay rates against national area averages and considering other factors
- Presentations – request programs to be presented by our staff on a variety of job-search topics
The staff at the Center for Career Development and Professional Engagement is dedicated to helping students at The University of Tulsa in a variety of ways.
First, we help students identify and choose career paths that appeal to their interests and strengths.
Second, we help students develop job search skills and strategies, primarily through resume/cover letter assistance and mock interviews.
Third, we provide students with access to employers through our On Campus Recruiting (OCR) events, online job listings within the Handshake portal, and career fairs.