Accessing Online Therapy at the University of Tulsa Counseling and Psychological Services
1. If you are accessing Microsoft Teams using a computer, please skip to step 2. All other devices (tablets, phones etc.) will need to download the Microsoft Teams App from the QR codes below.
2. At least 10 minutes prior to your appointment with your therapist, log in to the Medicat Application using the following URL: https://utulsa.medicatconnect.com/. When logging into Medicat, you will need to enter your TU Student ID, as well as your first and last name.
3. Once you are logged into Medicat, click the forms button either on the top ribbon or on the bottom of the page. In the forms section you will see all the ones that are required. Please complete all forms that appear prior to your session.
4. Check your email for an invitation from your therapist. The email should look like the screen-capture below. Within the body of the message, click the link to “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” Clicking this link will automatically launch the Teams app.
5. If you have downloaded the app: prior to joining the meeting, Teams will ask you to “Join as guest” or “Sign in and join.” You may choose either option. If you choose to sign in, use your TU ID and password.
If you have not downloaded the app and you are on your desktop then it will ask you to log on via the web.
6. After joining the meeting, Teams will prompt you to enter your name. Enter your preferred name and you will be entered into a virtual waiting room. When your therapist is ready they will begin the session. Make sure you give Teams permission to access your camera and microphone so that you can interact with your therapist (see screen capture below).
7. In order to leave your therapy session, click the red “hang up” button.
* If you accidentally leave the session or get disconnected, the next screen will prompt you to “Rejoin” the meeting (see screen capture below) or you can re-enter the session using the appointment email.
8. Using Teams for therapy will not save your information and will not affect any other aspect of Teams that you may use for personal or other purposes.