On-campus organizations and departments may self-cater if the dollar value of the food being provided is less than $100.00. (Non university groups/organizations must utilize TU Dining Services)
Self-catering includes items that are purchased from an area restaurant or items that can be purchased pre-packaged (cookies, chips, deli trays, soft drinks) from a local grocery or convenient type store. Homemade items of any kind are not permitted.
If a group chooses to self-cater then that group assumes all liability and responsibility for clean-up.
Only certain rooms in the facility are available for self-catering events (Chouteau, Alcove, and Administrative Conference Room).
Self-catering events must be approved in advance by the Administrative Office of the Allen Chapman Student Union.
Food must be pre-packaged to avoid spills when transporting
Check with the Student Manager in the Administrative Office when you arrive so that they may open the room for you
Please leave the facility as you found it
- Collect debris from table and dispose of it
- Do NOT brush debris off the table onto the floor
- Place paper and plastic trash in rolling trash cans
(Ask the Student Manager in the office to supply if not already in the room)
- Place aluminum cans in the blue recycle containers
- Pile pizza boxes separately, they waste space in cans
Contact Student Manager
- Confirm clean-up
- Have them show you where to roll the trash cans for later dumping
Download and print the Self-Catering Event Checklist.