How do I accept my Financial Aid?
Financial Aid Package
For entering freshman or transfer students, login to your TU Portal to submit your Intent to Enroll form and complete your application. Your Financial Aid Package will be sent to you at a later date through your TU Portal. You will receive an email when this is available for you to review. Once it is ready for you to review, please follow the instructions below.
For returning students, you will receive an email when your Financial Aid Package is ready for you to review. Please follow the instructions below.
Instructions for Accepting Aid
- Login to your TU Portal.
- Click “Review and accept your Financial Aid Award Package.”
- Most awards include information just below the award name. In some cases, the award name is a link to additional information. Read the information before you accept or decline each award.
- If you are offered a Subsidized Stafford Loan, you must accept all of it before you are allowed to accept the Unsubsidized Stafford Loan.
- If you would like to change the amount of the Subsidized or Unsubsidized loan amount you are accepting, you must submit an email from your official TU email address to The Office of Student Financial Services.
- Corrections cannot be made online. To make corrections to your award after you have submitted it online, you must either email a request to The Office of Student Financial Services or submit a written request. Emailed requests must come from your official TU email address.
- Because funds are limited, if you decline a certain award now, we may not be able to reinstate it later. Please note that declining, fully or in part, any form of assistance (scholarship, grant, loan, work-study) does not automatically lead to other assistance being increased or substituted. Contact your dedicated Financial Aid Counselor in The Office of Student Financial Services to clarify your specific situation.
Aid Requiring Additional Information
Certain types of aid requires additional steps before the aid is fully accepted and can be credited to your Bursar account. These include:
- First time acceptance of Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans:
- The student will need to login to https://studentaid.gov/ to complete their Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note. Please note, you must have your FSA ID to sign in.
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan: The parent must apply separately at https://studentaid.gov/.
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan: The student must apply separately at https://studentaid.gov/.
Reporting Other Scholarships and Awards
If you will receive other awards from agencies/organizations other than The University of Tulsa, please send a copy of your official award letter to The Office of Student Financial Services.