Federal Verification Process
Each year, the federal government requires schools participating in the distribution of financial aid to verify the accuracy of data submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To complete verification, applicants are asked to submit federal tax documents and/or complete electronic forms.
Who is selected?
Any student who completes a FAFSA may be chosen for verification.
What Happens Next?
If your FAFSA application is selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education, you will receive an introductory email to the address you provided on the FAFSA. The University of Tulsa partners with ProVerifier+ to assist students in completing their verification process. Included in this email will be a custom school link with introductory communication requesting you access ProVerifier+ to complete your verification process. You will need to do the following:
- Confirm your identity (authentication).
- Create a secure password.
- Access your documents and begin the verification process (this includes the completion of online forms).
Upon receipt of all required documents, ProVerifier+ will begin the verification process. Students will be notified if there are any questions or if any additional documentation is required via email, text, or phone. Once verification has been completed, the student and our school will be notified.
Timelines and Deadlines
The verification process can be completed in as little as two weeks. However, the process may take longer if incomplete documents are submitted or if additional information is required. It is imperative that you respond and complete any requested documents as soon as possible. Your financial aid funds cannot be applied to your account until your verification is complete.
- Pell Grant Recipients: A Federal Pell Grant applicant that is selected for verification must have a valid ISIR (FAFSA) with an official EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) on file prior to the last day of enrollment for the 2021-2022 award year. The verification process must be completed for the 2021-2022 award year by September 17, 2022 or 120 days after the last day of the student’s enrollment, whichever is earlier.
- Campus -Based and Direct Loan Applicants: Campus Based and Direct Loan applicants must complete verification prior to the last day of enrollment.
If you have any questions concerning verification and the required documents, please contact Student Financial Services. Failing to complete verification by the deadlines will result in the loss of eligibility for federal aid funds. In the event that a student completely withdraws, verification documents must have been received prior to withdrawal in order to be considered for federal financial aid.
ProEducation Solutions is a privately held company that offers superior financial aid business solutions to colleges and universities nationwide. Since 2001, ProEd has been a leading provider of innovative technology solutions.
If you have any questions about the verification process, please contact ProVerifier+, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central at 918.710.3234.