Changes to Aid - The University of Tulsa

Changes to Aid

Reporting Changes to Financial Aid

Enrollment Changes Before the Semester Begins

Your enrollment plans are key in the determination of your educational costs.  If your plans for the upcoming fall or spring semester change from your original enrollment, please contact Student Financial Services to tell us of the changes to your enrollment or housing arrangements.

Dropping Courses After The Semester Has Started

If an undergraduate student drops courses after the semester has started, and if all scholarships, grants and federal aid have been disbursed, their current semester of financial aid will not be affected.  However, if you have financial aid that has not yet been disbursed, your eligibility will have to be reviewed and you should inquire with your dedicated Financial Aid Counselor and your advisor before you make this change.  For graduate and law students, this policy does not always apply.  Please contact our Graduate / Law School Counselor, Mrs. Kristi Emerson ( for more information.

Please note that dropping courses may affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress.  Please review our Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy below and contact our office if you have any questions.

Changes in Class Level

Undergraduate students who change from freshman to sophomore, or sophomore to junior status may be eligible to request a federal student loan increase after the semester in which their class status changes.  (Note:  Students are still limited to their cost of attendance, so other aid such as the Parent PLUS Loan may be reduced to accommodate the increase in student loans.)

Receiving Other Aid

Students should report any form of aid not included in their official Financial Aid Package to Student Financial Services.  If our office receives notice at any time that a student is receiving scholarships, tuition assistance, or any other form of aid, we are required to re-evaluate the original financial aid offered.  We make every attempt to reduce loans first, but in some cases, we must replace other need-based aid such as grants or work-study.

Corrections to the FAFSA

If our office receives information that doesn’t match what was reported on the FAFSA, we are required to make corrections. You or your parent may also realize that an error was made or that an update is needed to your FAFSA. If our office receives corrections, we may request documentation to verify this information. Please review our policies regarding Verification.