Renewing Aid - The University of Tulsa

Renewing Aid

Renewal of Awards

Financial aid awards are determined annually. You must reapply for federal aid each year you wish to receive assistance. Renewal of aid beyond the first year depends upon your academic record and your continued need as based on the most recent financial information.

The Office of Student Financial Services will review your scholarship eligibility based on the Scholarship requirements.

  • If you leave TU and want to return and are in good academic standing for your scholarship assistance, as long as you have not attended another educational institution, you will have your remaining semesters reinstated.
  • Endowed scholarships are renewed depending on the criteria restricted by the donor.

If you have questions regarding the renewal of these accounts, you should direct those to your dedicated Financial Aid Counselor. If you have attended TU for 8 semesters, have not yet obtained a degree from The University of Tulsa, and are still in good standing academically for the academic scholarship, you may submit an appeal to Student Financial Services to have your scholarship funds renewed.

As a freshman or transfer student, if you do not meet the minimum federal Satisfactory Academic Progress standards, Student Success will contact you about working with their team. Student Success offers coaching, workshops and tutoring to help ensure your continued success at The University of Tulsa.