The TU Presidential Scholarship is a generous academic merit award given by The University of Tulsa. This award for top academic students is based on several factors, including exceptional performance in a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, genuine interest in TU, active co-curricular involvement, and big dreams for the future. We want you to bring your A-game to Tulsa! Doing so allows us to use these “A” factors in the application and selection process:
- Academic Achievements
- Affinity for TU
- Activities and Accomplishments
- Aspirations and Ambitions
The Presidential Scholarship Program is first and foremost an academic award. Through the Presidential Scholarship selection process among a highly competitive applicant pool, the committee seeks to find academically stellar students of diverse backgrounds and cultures and with varied interests who are engaged in their communities and will make a positive difference during their time at TU and beyond.
Presidential Scholars think deeply, are engaged fully, are willing to pursue what matters to them in an above and beyond way, and understand the commitment to the university’s core values: excellence in scholarship, dedication to free inquiry, integrity of character, and commitment to humanity.
- The Presidential Scholarship covers full tuition (excluding summers) for five years or until an undergraduate degree is earned. Students must maintain a minimum of 15 hours of coursework per semester.
- Presidential Scholars will have a secured spot in the Leadership TU class led by President Brad Carson.
Virtual Information Sessions
The University of Tulsa Office of Admission will host two virtual information sessions to review the Presidential Scholarship eligibility and application requirements:
- Presidential Scholarship Virtual Info Session – Nov. 10, 2022 –WATCH RECORDING
- Presidential Scholarship Virtual Info Session – Dec. 8, 2022 – WATCH RECORDING
To be considered for the Presidential Scholarship, applicants must meet one or more of the following eligibility requirements.
- College Board Recognition Program scholars (African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Indigenous or Rural and Small Town) who rank in the top 10% of their graduating class
- Students who either:
- Rank in the top 5% of their graduating class OR
- Have at least a 4.0 weighted grade point average
To be considered for the Presidential Scholarship, interested applicants must complete the following by February 1:
- Submit an application for admission to The University of Tulsa.
- Have your school submit an official transcript to The University of Tulsa.
- Submit the Presidential Scholarship Application including the required one-page resume and short answers for the Presidential Scholarship.
- Visit TU’s campus via a Daily Visit, Tulsa Time or other Office of Admission in-person official visit program.
Presidential Scholarship Application
Optional Application Materials
To be considered for the Presidential Scholarship, we strongly suggest applicants also do the following by February 1:
- Submit an official ACT or SAT test score. Here are some frequently asked questions regarding TU’s Test-Optional Policy.
- Meet with your TU Admission Counselor. (Find your counselor, then click “Meet with Me” to schedule a meeting.)
- Include a link to a 45-second video with your Presidential Scholarship Application.
- Showcase your unique personality, talents, and abilities.
- Show us why you want to attend TU and how you will fit into our close-knit community of scholars. Share how your personality and experience will contribute to our student body. Illustrate how you will make a positive difference during your time at TU and beyond.
- Remember the details:
- Start the video with your name, hometown and state.
- Choose the message you want to say and how you want to convey it.
- Adhere to basic YouTube guidelines.
- Use your phone. No high-tech equipment needed as videos won’t be evaluated for production quality.
- Stick to the 45-second time limit.
- Save the file on YouTube, Google Drive, Dropbox or any other shared file storage platform and share a link to the video in the space provided on your Presidential Scholarship Application.