Facility Usage Policies and Procedures
The Fulton and Susie Collins Fitness Center is a generous gift to the students of The University of Tulsa. Students will not be denied access due to use by outside groups.
This facility is not available for varsity athletic practice or camps. Any fitness class offered may only take up partial space, not denying access or equipment to any University of Tulsa students.
The Student Recreation Center is an honor and a privilege to enter. It is with great enthusiasm and respect that this facility will be used. Access will be denied to any person who acts in an inappropriate manner.
Students: All full-time students can use the Collins Fitness Center by presenting their valid University of Tulsa ID.
Student Spouses: Currently suspended due to COVID restrictions.
Faculty and Staff: Require memberships. To fill out membership request CLICK HERE. Memberships must be renewed each August and are free to full-time University employees.
Faculty/Staff Spouses: Currently suspended due to COVID restrictions.
Children: The Collins Fitness Center is not open to children. We do not permit children spectators during parental fitness activities.
Guests: Currently suspended due to COVID restrictions.
Alumni: Currently suspended due to COVID restrictions.
Community: The Collins Fitness Center is not available to the community at this time.
Hours of Operation
Visit the TU IMLeagues Fitness Center Reservation page for available hours.
- Maximum capacity 50 people per session.
- Reservations are required to use the Collins Fitness Center.
- No drop-ins or unscheduled use is allowed.
- You may only participate within your 90-minute reserved time slot.
- Limit your reservations to one per day to serve the maximum number of people each day, please be respectful of this limit.
- Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your reservation slot.
- You will be required to leave at the end of your reserved time.
- You must be registered with IMLeagues using your TU email to make reservations.
- First, register at www.IMLeagues.com with your “utulsa.edu” email.
- Next, click on the “Fitness Center Reservation” button.
- Pick your time and register. Registrations open 24 hours before time slot.
Guidelines for Patrons
We ask that all patrons take personal responsibility for their own safety and the safety of the entire TU community.
- A mask covering the nose and mouth is always required while inside the Collins Fitness Center.
- You must have your TU ID for contactless entry.
- You MUST have a reservation. No drop-in access.
- Keep a safe distance of at least 6’ apart, we encourage 10’ or more when exercising.
- Practice good hygiene: Wash hands or use hand sanitizer frequently, avoid touching face, cover mouth when coughing/sneezing (use elbow, not hand).
- All patrons will complete a temperature check upon entry to the facility.
- Clean all equipment before and after use.
- Bring your own water bottle (filled), towel, and personal equipment.
Closures and Reduced Services
The below facilities/services are unavailable until further notice:
- Lockers rooms and showers closed (Bathroom areas ARE open).
- Towel service suspended.
- Equipment check-out suspended.
- Basketball courts are closed.
- Second floor is closed.
- No guest passes.
- No faculty, staff or memberships.
Increased Cleaning and Safety Protocols
To make the facilities as safe as possible, Campus Recreation will:
- Clean all high traffic touch area frequently.
- Clean exercise equipment after each registration session.
- Deep clean the facility using electrostatic spray guns nightly.
- Provide access to cleaning materials for individual equipment cleaning.
- Provide hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- Require all staff to wear face masks and gloves.
- Monitor staff health.
- Limit the number of people allowed in designated areas.
- Promote social distancing of at least 6’.
Patrons are expected to:
- Clean equipment before and after every use.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Wear a face mask at all times.
- Maintain at least a 6’ social distance.
Facility supervisors have the authority to request unruly members and/or guests to leave the Collins Fitness Center if their conduct necessitates such action. Examples include but are not limited to: spitting on floors, vandalism, hanging from basketball rims, yelling, fighting, dropping weights, threatening employees and damaging the equipment.
- Smoking or use of tobacco in any form is prohibited.
- Food and beverages are not permitted beyond the ID checkpoint.
- Spitting is not permitted in the facility including water fountains.
- Shirts must be worn.
- Non-marking athletic shoes with laces must be worn in the activity areas. Cleats, sandals, bare or stocking feet are not allowed.
- Head phones must be used with all personal listening devices.
- Bicycles, skateboards and inline skates are not permitted in the Collins Fitness Center. Bicycle racks are located on the west side of the facility.
- No animals are allowed in the facility except guide dogs.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No photography or videography allowed.
Lost and Found
- Turn in items to the front desk.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Store and secure personal items in day lockers.
- Staff members are not permitted to hold valuables.
- Found items are turned over to Campus Police each night.
- Inquiries regarding lost items should be made to Campus Police.
- Due to COVID restrictions, lockers are currently unavailable for use. Please use boxes in hallway to store non-valuable items.
Clothing & Shoes
Pants with belts or metal rivets and cutoff pants are not allowed. Street clothing compromises the safety of the wearer and is not permitted. For hygiene purposes and to prolong the life of the equipment, a full shirt covering the torso is required.
Closed-toe athletic footwear is required in all areas except the locker room. Do not wear dark-soled shoes that may damage or mark the floors of the gyms and aerobics rooms.
All backpacks and gym bags must be placed in a open hallway storage area.
Food and Beverages
- Food is not permitted past the front desk.
- Glass or breakable containers are NOT allowed in the Collins Fitness Center.
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco are not allowed.
- Water bottles must be plastic and have a lid.
- All advertising materials such as fliers and banners must be approved by the Office of Campus Recreation.
- Advertising materials will be confined to designated bulletin boards. No fliers on the glass, windows or doors are allowed.
Equipment Checkout Policies
- Due to COVID restrictions, equipment cannot be checked out at this time.