university of tulsa logo

Greek Housing

NPHC chapters currently do not have housing or meal plans. NPC sororities have meal plans and the housing portion of the house is run and owned by University Housing. IFC fraternities have houses that are completely run by separate housing corporations.

Housing fees/rent and meal plans vary depending on the chapter. Housing arrangements for each sorority and fraternity are determined by the financial and organizational responsibility of the chapter, so each chapter has different live-in requirements for its members.

Housing assignments for NPC and IFC chapters may occur at the same time it would be allowed within the residence halls (i.e., within the first week of classes in the fall, and spring to fall semester). During the winter break (fall to spring semester), only first-year freshman are allowed to make changes to their housing assignments.

Sorority Housing

BODY-TU-vs-Rice-310University Housing collaborates with six national sororities to offer 185 spaces for women who join the Greek system. Sorority housing is provided in 6 two-story homes, one for each national chapter. Sorority women participate in house-sponsored dining programs and are encouraged to establish a Dining Dollars or Hurricane Gold account for additional meals and snacks.

NPC sororities have houses divided into two parts, the front and back of the house. The front portion is the lodge containing the meeting space, kitchen and dining room for the sorority chapter. This portion of the house is owned and operated by a chapter-housing corporation. The back of the house is the residential portion, which is owned and operated by University Housing. The rooms are set mostly in suite style, double rooms. Each house has anywhere from 26-32 beds.

Women interested in Greek Life at TU should contact the Office of Student Affairs at 918-631-2327 for more specific information about recruitment and sorority life.

  • Suite-style living with dual occupancy bedrooms and vanity area
  • One bathroom per suite
  • Wired and wireless internet
  • Basic cable in each suite
  • Laundry facilities on site
  • Smoke detector in each room

TU Sororities with Housing OptionBODY-first-day-of-class-108

  • Chi Omega
  • Delta Delta Delta
  • Delta Gamma
  • Kappa Alpha Theta
  • Kappa Delta
  • Kappa Kappa Gamma
Fraternity Housing

BODY-homecoming-tailgating-290Five national fraternities with a housing option are represented on TU’s campus. Members reside in houses owned and operated by the respective fraternities and in campus residence hall and apartments. Living arrangements and special amenities vary within each house.

Exemptions from the campus residency policy must be obtained to allow students who qualify to reside in private fraternity housing. ) Exemption forms are available in the Housing and Dining Services office in Fisher Hall.) All first and second-year students living in fraternity housing must participate in either a university or fraternity meal program. Residents are encouraged to establish Dining Dollars or a Hurricane Gold account for additional meals and snacks.

BODY-flag-football-on-the-commons-102Men interested in Greek Life at TU should contact the Office of Student Affairs at 918-631-2327 for more specific information about recruitment and fraternity life.

TU Fraternities with Housing Option

  • Kappa Alpha
  • Kappa Sigma
  • Lambda Chi Alpha
  • Pi Kappa Alpha
  • Sigma Chi
  • Sigma Nu
First-Year Greek Moves

First-Year Greek Moves

The Office of Housing and Dining Services has developed the following procedure in support of our partnership with Greek Affairs:

Greek members should check with their organization presidents to ensure that a current house roster is on file with the Office of Housing and Dining. Moves will not be approved until this is completed.

Requests must be submitted and approved by 5:00pm on the first Friday of the semester; requests for the semester will not be considered after this date. Members moving to a Greek house for the semester and wishing to cancel their housing and/or dining must complete a First Year Only, Greek Housing/Dining Assignment Change Request Form.  This form is available in the housing office or from the Department Assistant at the front desk. All moves should be completed within 48 hours of the request being approved unless other arrangements are made in writing with housing staff.

Please note: All first-year students moving into a greek house that request to cancel an academic year dining plan for the Spring semester will be subject to a $300 liquidated damages charge.