1. Work Smarter Not Harder: Move these things in first –
- Heavy items
2. Label everything clearly- Clothes, towels, kitchen, books, etc. Put your name, residence hall and room number on your containers
3. Bring snacks and drinks
4. Dress comfortably- It’s hot in Oklahoma in August
5. Bring Moving tools- A dolly, handtruck, or collapsible cart.
6. Use bins and totes- Easy to carry and stack and can be used as storage.
7. Tape your drawers shut- Helps avoid drops and spills
8. Pack your clothes on hangers- They can be wrapped in plastic bags, and placed right in the hanger.
9. Make your space your own
Bring items to make the space your own. Just remember you cannot nail into the walls. Command strips are great – just follow the instruction to avoid damage to the walls.
10. Pack your patience!