1. Work Smarter Not Harder: Move these things in first –
- Heavy items
2. Label everything clearly- Clothes, towels, kitchen, books, etc. Put your name, residence hall and room number on your containers
3. Bring snacks and drinks
4. Dress comfortably- It’s hot in Oklahoma in August
5. Bring Moving tools- A dolly, handtruck, or collapsible cart.
6. Use bins and totes- Easy to carry and stack and can be used as storage.
7. Tape your drawers shut- Helps avoid drops and spills
8. Pack your clothes on hangers- They can be wrapped in plastic bags, and placed right in the hanger.
9. Make your space your own
Bring items to make the space your own. Just remember you cannot nail into the walls. Command strips are great – just follow the instruction to avoid damage to the walls.
10. Pack your patience!
Items shipped to students should be mailed to the residence hall address (see specific residence hall web page) with the student’s name and room number included. Packages will be delivered and held in Mail Services in the Allen Chapman Student Union. Students will be notified when packages arrive.
The College Bedding and Residence Hall Linens program has been extended by The University of Tulsa. Beds on campus at TU have extra-long mattresses, which require specially-sized sheets, blankets and comforters. These extra-long beds (greater than 76 inches in length) are made to maximize student’s comfort.
Residence Hall Linens have the finest assortment of college bedding. All our residence hall room bedding and accessories are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee — right up to graduation. If, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with our bedding, you may return your linens for a full refund