John Mabee is TU’s traditional all-male residence hall. In addition to the many features it shares with other TU residence halls, it offers a sophisticated club atmosphere with a comfortable main lounge featuring leather furniture and high back chairs, a classic pool table, fireplace, and 80″ HDTV with digital cable and surround sound system. The hall also features the stylish Club Mabee, a large multipurpose room with multi-color LED lighting, fun and attractive seating, and three 70” televisions for gaming, movies, and online streaming. Club Mabee is an ideal location for small gatherings with friends and other major programming events.
- Room types available include singles, doubles, and suites (with double and single rooms).
- Free laundry facilities.
- Kitchen with full-size stoves, microwaves, and sinks
- Ice machine in the basement
- Study Lounges (some with chalkboards) on each floor, and a large boardroom in the basement for study groups and meetings
- Restrooms feature toilets with bidet features
- Bicycle storage is permitted in your room and in the designated area around John Mabee.
- Recycle bins (paper, plastic, glass, and aluminum) are located outside of John Mabee Hall near the dumpsters.
- A barbecue grill and picnic table area in the courtyard.
- Slip N’ Dunk – Welcome back program with a slip-n-slide and dunk tank
- Superbowl Sunday —Game showed on HD projector and endless chicken wings
- Toilet Bowl — Flag football game with music, food and fun (TU’s oldest standing tradition)
- Taste of the John — Each semester, the ResLife staff of the building choose a cuisine to feature for students.
- All rooms are carpeted.
- Rooms include wired and wireless Internet connection.
- Single, bunkable beds (80″ long) with a mattress cover
- Desk, chair, and side drawer unit
- Sink with mirror and medicine cabinet
- Built-in or freestanding closets
- Window blinds