Summer Housing information for 2020
Summer Housing is available at Fisher West Hall.
|Building||Room Configuration||Weekly Rate|
|Spring 2021 - TBD||Single occupancy||Announced Spring 2021|
Residents in summer school housing will be assessed a $25 community fee for the summer term.
When applying, it is important that you familiarize yourself with the accommodation (Fisher West) we offer, as well as our policies and procedures regarding payment, and canceling your housing & dining agreement. As part of your application, you will be required to review and agree to the terms and conditions of the 2020 Summer Housing Agreement (to access the license you will need your Net ID and password.) Also, you must also complete COVID-19 summer addendum.
Click here to apply for summer housing in Fisher West. Please note that once an application is submitted, it will take approximately 3-4 days to process.
Residents who have completed a Housing/Dining Agreement and have been approved for check-in can move-in from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Thursday and 9 am to Noon on Friday. If you need weekend arrival time you need to make prior arrangements.
- Check-in: To check-in, go directly to Fisher West Hall. Need directions? Check out our campus map.
- Keys: You will receive your room key and check-in information packet.
- Parking Permit: Summer 2020 parking permit will not be required.
- TU ID Card: If you do not already have your TU ID Card please upload a photo prior to your arrival so your TU ID card will be available at check-in. Visit Canephoto to upload a photo for your TU ID Card.
The TU ID Card is the official identification card. Your ID Card can be used for:
- Photo identification
- Access to certain buildings and facilities on campus, including Fisher West Hall
- Access to a variety of campus events and services
- Swipe for meal plan, Hurricane Gold Dollars and dining dollars
TU ID Cards must be carried at all times when on campus and presented to University officials upon request.
Check-out Information: (Departing & Transitioning)
All Residents are required to check-out by 12 noon on their scheduled check-out date. Residents should be sure to:
- Remove all personal belongings and garbage from their room
- Return all keys to the front desk
Any unreturned keys will result in a $85 lock-change charge.
For academic year TU students, Transition Housing refers to those periods when the university is not in session, but campus housing is open:
- Between the end of Spring Housing and the start of Summer Housing
- Between the end of Summer Housing and the start of academic year Fall Housing
To be eligible for transition housing, students must:
- Have a current housing assignment
- Have a confirmed housing assignment the next term
- Remain in housing during the designated transition period
- Move belongings to new assignment (if necessary) within 24 hours of notification
To transition from Spring to Summer housing TU students must have a Summer Housing reservation beginning week 1. To transition from Summer to Fall housing, TU students must have a Summer Housing reservation through the end of summer term.
Cable connection is provided in our summer housing residence hall as well as CaneFlix. CaneFlix is a service provided by Campus Housing that offers students entertainment 24/7 on-demand. Caneflix hosts a large variety of movies and TV shows throughout the year. CaneFlix On Demand is available while on campus and is a CLICK away.
If you are having any issue with cable connection please click on CaneRepairs for additional information.
Campus Internet Service: Click here for detail information about the campus internet service, how to connect to the TUgaming Network, Wireless Connection Guide and other information. If you have any problems/questions contact IT helpdesk at email@example.com
In order to request a repair, residents can submit an online service request form or call 918-631-2287 during business hours (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm). Requests for repair are generally responded to within a 24- to 72-hour period, although repairs requiring special parts or procedures may take more time to be completed.
Emergencies, such as major leaks, flooding, broken door locks, or any problem that endangers property or safety, should be immediately reported to the campus security at 918-631-5555.
Cox Cable Issues:
If support is necessary, please contact Cox Communications directly at 1-855-512-8876 and ask for tech support. Tech Support will work with you to resolve your issue or schedule a technician to come out an make the needed repairs. Please note that you do not need a passcode or be the account holder to get proper tech support. If, for any reason, your tech representative is unwilling to help you because you are not the account holder, ask them kindly for another technician or supervisor that is familiar with tech support on residential bulk accounts. If your call to Cox Communications tech support does not resolve the issue, please inform a Residence Life Staff member for further guidance. You may also complete the Cox Cable Issues form if you are continuing to have issues.
If you have any problems/questions contact IT helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer School housing has a free laundry facilities.
Mail pick up (letters and packages) is at the Student Union. Their hours are Monday-Thursday 8am-5 pm and Friday 8 am until Noon. Please use this format to address student mail and packages:
First and Last Name
2821 East 8th Street
Fisher West, Rm #
Tulsa, OK 74104
Student TU ID Card
Students who are enrolled in Summer 2020 courses may submit your photo now through CanePhoto on your mobile device.
- Fisher West residents – Please submit your photo 3 business days prior to your arrival and we will have your ID ready for you at check-in.
- All other residents – Please submit your photo 3 business days prior to arrival and we will have it printed off and can be picked up at the Parking & Card Services Office, in Fisher Hall.