Summer Housing information for 2019
Any student choosing this option must be enrolled in at least one summer school class. As space is very limited, residents with a Fall 2019 apartment assignment are not eligible for space in Fisher South Summer School Housing and should consider summer housing in the apartments.
|Building||Room Configuration||Weekly Rate|
|Fisher South Hall||Double occupancy||$225.00|
Residents in summer school housing will be assessed a $25 community fee for the summer term.
When applying, it is important that you familiarize yourself with the accommodation (Fisher South) we offer, as well as our policies and procedures regarding payment, and canceling your housing & dining license. As part of your application, you will be required to review and agree to the terms and conditions of the 2019 Summer Housing License (to access the license you will need your Net ID and password.)
Click here to apply for summer school housing in Fisher South. Please note that once an application is submitted, it will take approximately 3-4 days to process.
Residents who have completed a Housing/Dining Licenses and have been approved for check-in can move-in from 9:00am to 5:00pm each day.
- Check-in: To check-in, go directly to Fisher South Hall. Need directions? Check out our campus map.
- Keys: You will receive your room key and check-in information packet.
- Parking Permit: Click here to submit a form for summer parking permit. Within 3 business days of ordering, we will email you a summer parking permit for you to print out that will be good until July 31st. Please note: On July 10th, you will be able to go online at 9:00am and purchase your 2019-2020 Parking Permit at that time.
- TU ID Card: If you do not already have your TU ID Card please upload a photo prior to your arrival so your TU ID card will be available at check-in. Visit Canephoto to upload a photo for your TU ID Card.
The TU ID Card is the official identification card. Your ID Card can be used for:
- Photo identification
- Access to certain buildings and facilities on campus, including Fisher South Hall
- Access to a variety of campus events and services
- Swipe for meal plan, Hurricane Gold Dollars and dining dollars
TU ID Cards must be carried at all times when on campus and presented to University officials upon request.
Check-out Information: (Departing & Transitioning)
All Residents are required to check-out by 12 noon on their scheduled check-out date. Residents should be sure to:
- Remove all personal belongings and garbage from their room
- Return all keys to the front desk
Any unreturned keys will result in a $85 lock-change charge.
For academic year TU students, Transition Housing refers to those periods when the university is not in session, but campus housing is open:
- Between the end of Spring Housing and the start of Summer Housing
- Between the end of Summer Housing and the start of academic year Fall Housing
To be eligible for transition housing, students must:
- Have a current housing assignment
- Have a confirmed housing assignment the next term
- Remain in housing during the designated transition period
- Move belongings to new assignment (if necessary) within 24 hours of notification
To transition from Spring to Summer housing TU students must have a Summer Housing reservation beginning week 1. To transition from Summer to Fall housing, TU students must have a Summer Housing reservation through the end of summer term.
Cable connection is provided in our summer housing residence hall as well as CaneFlix. CaneFlix is a service provided by Campus Housing that offers students entertainment 24/7 on-demand. Caneflix hosts a large variety of movies and TV shows throughout the year. CaneFlix On Demand is available while on campus and is a CLICK away.
If you are having any issue with cable connection please click on CaneRepairs for additional information.
Campus Internet Service: Click here for detail information about the campus internet service, how to connect to the TUgaming Network, Wireless Connection Guide and other information. If you have any problems/questions contact IT helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to request a repair, residents can submit an online service request form or call 918-631-2287 during business hours (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm). Requests for repair are generally responded to within a 24- to 72-hour period, although repairs requiring special parts or procedures may take more time to be completed.
Emergencies, such as major leaks, flooding, broken door locks, or any problem that endangers property or safety, should be immediately reported to the campus security at 918-631-5555.
Cox Cable Issues:
If support is necessary, please contact Cox Communications directly at 1-855-512-8876 and ask for tech support. Tech Support will work with you to resolve you issue or schedule a technician to come out an make the needed repairs. Please note that you do not need a passcode or be the account holder to get proper tech support. If, for any reason, your tech representative is unwilling to help you because you are not the account holder, ask them kindly for another technician or supervisor that is familiar with tech support on residential bulk accounts. If your call to Cox Communications tech support does not resolve the issue, please inform a Residence Life Staff member for further guidance. You may also complete the Cox Cable Issues form if you are continuing to have issues.
If you have any problems/questions contact IT helpdesk at email@example.com
CaneTransit is a weekly shuttle program chartered by Housing and Dining Services to provide TU students FREE transportation from campus to several shopping centers in the Midtown Tulsa Area. Click here for more details.
Sat. May 11: 1pm-7pm
Sat. May 18: 1pm-7pm
Sat. May 25: 1pm-7pm
Sat. June 1: 1pm-7pm
Sat. June 8: 1pm-7pm
Sat. June 15: 1pm-7pm
Sat. June 22: 1pm-7pm
Sat. June 29: 1pm-7pm
Tracking the CaneTransit Shuttle
You are able to track the CaneTransit Shuttle on your iPhone or Android device. To download the app, go to the app store and search for DoubleMap. Once you download the DoubleMap app, choose the “The University of Tulsa” and select the CaneTransit Route. It will show you real time information on the shuttle’s location.
Summer residents have access to the Collins Fitness Center. The 67,192-square-foot fitness center houses three basketball courts, a workout area with more than 200 pieces of equipment and a lounge with a big-screen television and seating. It also features a suspended indoor track that equals 8.1 laps to one mile. This is great place to go to take a break from your studies.
May 14th-August 9th 6am-7pm Monday through Friday
Closed 2pm on May 23rd-May 27th – TU’s Memorial Day Holiday
Closed on July 4th and the (5th if the University closes)
The Hurricane Gold Dollar program is a prepaid account that allows students to purchase meals or snacks(including the vending machines) with your TU ID card.
Students simply set an amount (minimum of $25.00) and prepay at the Business Office or cash deposits are accepted automated terminal located in the Student Union or Hurricane Gold Dollars can be deposited online with your Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express card or by e-check using our secure payment form. When the Gold Dollar limit is reached, students can add money to their account.
For summer dining options check out the Dining Services webpage.
Fisher South Hall has a free laundry facility with LaundryAlert located on first floor of the west wing. Laundry Alert is an online service that allows you to monitor the usage of the machines in your building so you know a good time to head to the laundry room.
Mail is delivered daily, Monday through Saturday (except holidays), and placed in each resident’s mailbox. Your Fisher South room key will unlock your mailbox.
To facilitate delivery of mail, please use this format to address student mail and packages:
First and Last Name
2831 East 8th Street
Fisher South Hall, Rm #
Tulsa, OK 74104
When changing buildings or checking out, residents should fill out a change of address form through US postal service. Only first-class mail will be forwarded.
Packages may be picked up at Mail Services located in the Student Union.
For more information about Mail Services including summer hours check out their webpage.
Click here for detailed information about summer hours.
Incoming Students Starting Summer 2019
- Fisher South residents – Please complete this form (click here) to receive a summer parking permit. Within 3 business days of ordering, we will email you a summer parking permit for you to print out that will be good until July 31st. Please note: On July 10th, you will be able to go online at 9:00am and purchase your 2019-2020 Parking Permit at that time.
- All other incoming students (Apartments and commuters) – Click here beginning May 6th to purchase your 2019-2020 Parking Permit. These permits will be sent through USPS Mail to the address you put into the parking system.
Students who are enrolled in Summer 2019 courses may submit their photo now through CanePhoto on your mobile device.
- Fisher South residents – Please submit your photo 3 business days prior to your arrival and we will have your ID ready for you at check-in.
- All other residents – Please submit your photo 3 business days prior to arrival and we will have it printed off and can be picked up at the Parking & Card Services Office, in Fisher Hall.