Students aren’t the only ones going through big changes during the college years. Parents and families also going through a transition when their student joins the campus community at TU. Each fall we offer a few different meetings and events to help parents and families learn more about campus life, and to help with this transition.
Below you’ll see a sample of the kinds of events and programs that have been available to parents and families in previous orientation experiences.
One of the best ways to stay on top of everything going on at The University of Tulsa for and with parents is through social media. Like the TUPFA Facebook page (TUPFA stands for the TU Parent and Family Association). And follow @StartTU18 on Twitter as well!
Previous Orientation experiences have included:
In the morning:
- Move-in Appointments with Housing (The Office of Housing will contact incoming students to set up these appointments in July).
In the afternoon:
- Parent Information Fair
- Welcome for Multicultural Students
- Meet your Orientation Leader
- Oh the Places You Will Go – interactive storytelling
- Parent Welcome by the Dean of Students
- Matriculation, official ceremony welcoming the new class