At the heart of every great academic institution stands its library, and at The University of Tulsa, our own iconic McFarlin Library is no exception. As the TU’s Grand Dame since 1929, McFarlin has been the physical and academic center of our beautiful campus.
In its 80-year history, McFarlin has bolstered the research of thousands of scholars, informed countless research papers, and acquired more than 170,000 rare books, manuscripts, and other materials that are held in the university’s special collections.
As a critical component of TU’s $400 million Embrace the Future campaign, McFarlin Library has undergone a major restoration, returning the building to its original grandeur.
- The new 16,000-square-foot Pauline McFarlin Walter Academic Technology Center houses modern computing laboratories and online instruction space, allowing the four stately reading rooms to be remodelled and returned to their primary purpose.
- Extensive reconstruction has allowed for access to the library once again through the original west entrance from the Albert Plaza, as well as from the north through the new Bank of Oklahoma Atrium.
- The Frances W. O’Hornett Grand Foyer leads visitors to the Cortland and Martha Deitler Cafe on the Plaza Level, and offers access to contemplative study space in the nearby Gray Student Commons and the exquisitely restored Ann and Jack Graves Faculty Study.
The financial resources needed to sustain a world class library like McFarlin are vast. However, through the generous support of friends, alumni, and other benefactors of The University of Tulsa, we are able to provide TU students and faculty with the academic resources necessary to succeed in their scholastic enterprise.
Gifts to McFarlin Library can be made in several ways:
- The McFarlin Annual Fund for Excellence
- The McFarlin Fellows
- The Ben Graf Henneke Society
- McFarlin Signature Society
- Gifts to Special Collections and University Archives
For more information on making a contribution to McFarlin Library, please click on a link above or contact Jenna Flugum, Associate Director of Annual Giving, at 918-631-3639 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.