Parking Permits Timeline for Students
The parking registration process begins on the dates identified below and continues throughout the 2016-2017 term:
- Continuing Residential Students- Currently available
- Incoming Residential Students- Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 8:00 a.m.
- Continuing TU Commuter Students- Monday, August 1, 2016, 8:00 a.m.
- Incoming Commuter Students- Thursday, August 4, 2016, 8:00 a.m.
Online Waiting List
If, after completing your parking selection registrants would still like to see availability in another lot, they can request to be placed on the Online Waiting List during the Parking Registration process. This, too, will be prioritized based on lot availability and request order. As spaces become available, individuals on this list will be contacted by Parking & Card Services to make this change. (attach video)
Parking Permits for Employees
Please review the parking permit process on The University of Tulsa Portal. Here is a quick link to the Online Parking System.
Online Registration (For videos related to the parking registration process click here)
Through the on-line process, you will be able to secure a permit by following the instructions provided, uploading the required documents for verification and submitting your payment. You may receive assistance in completing your on-line Registration in person at the Parking & Card Services Office during University Business Hours of Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) excluding University Holidays. Tips for preparing in advance:
- Federated Login – TU Net ID/Username and Password.
- Documents to Verify – Copy, scan to your computer or electronic device, your Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance; or bring them with you when registering in the office.
- Vehicle Information – Have with you the year, make, model, color, and license plate number.
- Method of Payment – Have with you the method of payment. Forms of payment accepted on-line are credit/debit cards. Or, eligible University employees may select “Payroll Deduction”; students may elect to charge their Bursar Account. When registering in person at the office, cash and checks are also accepted.
- Address – Enter your complete USPS (United States Postal Service) address, including the Building Name (if applicable) and Zip Code.
Parking Permit Rates
Purchasing a parking permit for a particular lot does not guarantee a space at all times in that lot. Campus lots may be closed for special events, athletic activities, and/or for University operations and maintenance. The permit issued is lot-specific (“non-roving”). Therefore, it is valid until the permit’s expiration date only for the lot in which you are assigned*.
Lot permit rates vary according to the time of year the permit is purchased and the lot selected. During the Academic Year, the rates are categorized as follows:
- Motorcycles & Motorized Scooters: $25.00
- Shuttle Permits: $25.00
- Resident-only Lots: $50.00
- Non-resident Standard and Dual-purposed Lots: $100.00
- Non-resident Premium Lots: $500.00
Registrants purchasing a Shuttle Permit (SHU) can park in any of the four Shuttle Lots located on Harvard Avenue at the Reynolds Center Arena, the Harvard Lot at South Gary Place, the east end of the Keplinger/John Rogers Lot, and the Harvard East Lot on 4th Street. Vehicles registered with valid permits for other lots may also *overflow into these Shuttle Lots, space permitting.
Parking decals are distributed following confirmation of the On-line Vehicle Registration process. With verification of updated records, current required documents uploaded and payment accepted, decals will be distributed to registrants according to the following process:
- Residence Hall/House & Sorority House Residents: Pick-up in person during Check-in at your assigned fall housing site.
- Apartment and Fraternity Residents: Present your photo ID at the Parking & Card Services Office during the hours below.
- Off-Campus Students: Present your photo ID at the Parking & Card Services Office during the hours below.
- Parking & Card Services’ Distribution Hours:
- Begins – Sunday, August 14, 2016 (10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Standard Business Hours – Monday through Friday * Excluding University Holidays (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Proper Display of Authorized Permit
Upon Registration, a parking decal will be issued that is to be affixed to the vehicle on the inside, lower portion of the passenger-side, front windshield. For motorcycles, mopeds and scooters, the decal must be attached to the right-hand, upper arm of the cycle’s right-front fork. If the permit has been purchased but the decal is not properly affixed to the vehicle, it is considered to be the same type of violation as the “No-permit” category.
For complete Parking guidelines and regulations visit The University of Tulsa portal.