Parking Permitting Timeline
The parking registration process begins on the dates identified below and continues throughout 2018-2019:
- Faculty, Staff and Adjuncts retain your current space – March 1, 2018 (9 a.m.) – March 16, 2018 (12 p.m.)
- Continuing Residential Students- Begins March 7, 2018 (see Housing Selection Materials for details)
- Full-Time Teaching Faculty – Monday, March 26, 2018 (9 a.m.)
- Full-Time Employees – Monday, April 2, 2018 (9 a.m.)
- Continuing Commuter Students- Thursday, April 5, 2018 (9 a.m.)
- Adjunct Faculty and Temporary Employees – Monday, April 9, 2018 (9 a.m.)
- Incoming Students- Monday, July 16, 2018 (9 a.m.)
Online Waiting List
If, after completing your parking selection registration you would like to seek availability in another lot, place yourself on the Waiting List. This, too, will be prioritized based on lot availability and request order. As spaces become available, individuals on this list will be contacted by Parking & Card Services to make this change.
Through the on-line process, you will be able to secure a permit by following the instructions provided, uploading the required documents for verification and submitting your payment. You may receive assistance in completing your on-line Registration in person at the Parking & Card Services Office during University Business Hours of Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) excluding University Holidays and summer half-day Fridays.
Parking Permit Rates
Purchasing a parking permit for a particular lot does not guarantee a space at all times in that lot. Campus lots may be closed for special events, athletic activities, and/or for University operations and maintenance. The permit issued is lot-specific (“non-roving”). Therefore, it is valid until the permit’s expiration date only for the lot in which you are assigned*.
Lot permit rates vary according to the time of year the permit is purchased and the lot selected. During the Academic Year, the rates are categorized as follows:
- Motorcycles & Motorized Scooters: $25.00
- Shuttle Permits: $25.00
- Resident-only Lots: $50.00
- Non-resident Standard and Dual-purposed Lots: $100.00
- Non-resident Premium Lots: $500.00
Registrants purchasing a Shuttle Permit (SHU) can park in any of the four Shuttle Lots located on Harvard Avenue at the Reynolds Center Arena, the Harvard Lot at South Gary Place, the east end of the Keplinger/Law Lot, and the Harvard East Lot on 4th Street. Vehicles registered with valid permits for other lots may overflow into the Shuttle Lot located on Harvard Avenue at the Reynolds Center Arena, space permitting.
Parking decals are distributed following confirmation of the On-line Vehicle Registration process. With current required documents uploaded and payment accepted, decals will be distributed to registrants according to the following process:
Faculty & Employee Registration
- Completed by April 20, 2018 – Parking Decals will be mailed using campus mail to campus address.
- Completed after this date – In Person: During “Pick-up at Parking & Card Services, Fisher Hall” during business hours.
Proper Display of Authorized Permit
Upon Registration, a parking decal will be issued that is to be affixed to the vehicle on the inside, lower portion of the passenger-side, front windshield. For motorcycles, mopeds and scooters, the decal must be attached to the right-hand, upper arm of the cycle’s right-front fork. If the permit has been purchased but the decal is not properly affixed to the vehicle, it is considered to be the same type of violation as the “No-permit” category.
For complete Parking guidelines and regulations visit The University of Tulsa portal.