Parking Permits Timeline for Students
The parking registration process begins on the dates identified below and continues throughout the 2017-2018 term:
- Continuing Residential Students- Begins March 1, 2017 (see Housing Selection Materials for details)
- Faculty, Staff and Adjuncts retain your current space – June 29, 2017 (9 a.m.) – July 13, 2017 (12 p.m.)
- Full-Time Teaching Faculty – Monday, July 17, 2017 (9 a.m.)
- Incoming Residential Students- Thursday, July 20, 2017 (9 a.m.)
- Full-Time Employees – Monday, July 24, 2017 (9 a.m.)
- Continuing TU Commuter Students- Thursday, July 27, 2017 (9 a.m.)
- Incoming Commuter Students- Thursday, August 3, 2017 (9 a.m.)
- Adjunct Faculty and Temporary Employees – Thursday, August 3, 2017 (9 a.m.)
Online Waiting List
If, after completing your parking selection registration you would like to seek availability in another lot, place yourself on the Waiting List. This, too, will be prioritized based on lot availability and request order. As spaces become available, individuals on this list will be contacted by Parking & Card Services to make this change. (attach video)
Please review the parking permit process on The University of Tulsa Portal. Here is a quick link to the Online Parking System.
Through the on-line process, you will be able to secure a permit by following the instructions provided, uploading the required documents for verification and submitting your payment. You may receive assistance in completing your on-line Registration in person at the Parking & Card Services Office during University Business Hours of Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) excluding University Holidays. Tips for preparing in advance:
- Login – TU Net ID/Username and Password.
- Documents to Verify – Copy, scan to your computer or electronic device, your Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance; or bring them with you when registering in the office. It is necessary to complete this step to be in full compliance with the University Parking Policy.
- Vehicle Information – Have with you the year, make, model, color, and license plate number.
- Method of Payment – Have with you the method of payment. Forms of payment accepted on-line are credit/debit cards. Or, eligible University employees may select “Payroll Deduction”; students may elect to charge their Bursar Account. When registering in person at the office, cash and checks are also accepted.
- Address – Enter your complete USPS (United States Postal Service) address, including the Building Name (if applicable) and Zip Code.
Parking Permit Rates
Purchasing a parking permit for a particular lot does not guarantee a space at all times in that lot. Campus lots may be closed for special events, athletic activities, and/or for University operations and maintenance. The permit issued is lot-specific (“non-roving”). Therefore, it is valid until the permit’s expiration date only for the lot in which you are assigned*.
Lot permit rates vary according to the time of year the permit is purchased and the lot selected. During the Academic Year, the rates are categorized as follows:
- Motorcycles & Motorized Scooters: $25.00
- Shuttle Permits: $25.00
- Resident-only Lots: $50.00
- Non-resident Standard and Dual-purposed Lots: $100.00
- Non-resident Premium Lots: $500.00
Registrants purchasing a Shuttle Permit (SHU) can park in any of the four Shuttle Lots located on Harvard Avenue at the Reynolds Center Arena, the Harvard Lot at South Gary Place, the east end of the Keplinger/Law Lot, and the Harvard East Lot on 4th Street. Vehicles registered with valid permits for other lots may overflow into the Shuttle Lot located on Harvard Avenue at the Reynolds Center Arena, space permitting.
Parking decals are distributed following confirmation of the On-line Vehicle Registration process. With current required documents uploaded and payment accepted, decals will be distributed to registrants according to the following process:
Faculty & Employee Registration
- Completed by August 10, 2017 – Parking Decals will be mailed to the USPS address you updated on your Parking Account.
- Completed after this date – In Person: During “Pick-up at Parking & Card Services, Fisher Hall” during hours shown below.
- Completed by August 1, 2017 – Pick up in person during check-in at your assigned fall housing site.
- Completed after this date – In Person: During “Pick up at Parking & Card Services, Fisher Hall” during hour shown below.
- Begins – Monday, August 14, 2017, during standard business hours – Monday-Friday excluding University holidays (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
Residence Hall/House & Sorority House Residents
Apartment and Fraternity Residents: Present your photo ID at the Parking & Card Services Office during the hours below.
Off-Campus Students: Present your photo ID at the Parking & Card Services Office during the hours below. Off-campus students participating in New Student Orientation will receive their parking permit at orientation check-in.
Parking & Card Services’ Distribution Hours:
Proper Display of Authorized Permit
Upon Registration, a parking decal will be issued that is to be affixed to the vehicle on the inside, lower portion of the passenger-side, front windshield. For motorcycles, mopeds and scooters, the decal must be attached to the right-hand, upper arm of the cycle’s right-front fork. If the permit has been purchased but the decal is not properly affixed to the vehicle, it is considered to be the same type of violation as the “No-permit” category.
For complete Parking guidelines and regulations visit The University of Tulsa portal.