The bride and groom may use the florist of their choice. The following guidelines will help with planning the decoration and use of Sharp Chapel for a wedding.
- Furniture, (pulpit, lectern, pulpit chairs, tables, etc.) and/or Symbols (Bible, Baptismal font, candlesticks, etc.) may not be moved or displaced in any manner. This rule is non-negotiable, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- The communion table/altar may not be decorated. Communion may be served during your wedding service. Since this is a ritual and sacrament of the church, it is appropriate for these elements to be placed on the Holy Table. The elements are provided by either the couple or the minister/priest. If sacramental wine is used, it must be furnished by the minister/priest.
- No tacks, nails, wires, metal, tape or similar harmful items are to be used to attach flowers, ribbons, or other items to pews, walls or other furniture.
- The number of candelabra is limited to 3. This does not include the use of a unity candle. No lighted candles are to be carried in the Sanctuary. The university does provide two brass candle lighters. Persons lighting candles must be at least 12 years of age and/or over 5 feet tall. Candles or hurricane lamps are not to be attached to the pews or used in the aisles nor may they be placed in the windows. Lighted candles are to be used in the chancel area only.
- Please inform your florist of the specific three-hour time block for which you have rented the Chapel. Please do not ask permission to come in earlier than the specified time. It is not possible due to other scheduling commitments.
- The building will be unlocked at the beginning of the three-hour time block for which you have rented the Chapel. Please do not ask permission to come in earlier than the specified time. It is not possible due to other scheduling commitments. All personal and rented items must be removed prior to locking the facility at the end of the three-hour time block. If your reception is to be held on campus at a location other than Sharp Chapel all personal property should be removed from the Chapel before departing for the reception.
- The University of Tulsa assumes no responsibility for articles or equipment left unattended during or after the wedding and reception. Please call TU Security lost and found at 918-631-5555 to check on lost articles.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the chapel building. ` Food and beverages are not allowed in any part of the Sanctuary or Prayer Chapel. University policy forbids the serving and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages on the Chapel premises. ` Makeup may only be applied in the women’s restroom area.
- Birdseed, rice and/or real rose petals are not to be thrown or scattered inside or outside of building. (We allow silk rose petals to be scattered in the aisle by your flower girl if desired.)
- The rules presented in these guidelines apply to all individuals associated with your wedding.
- Download Wedding Guidelines (Full packet download in PDF)
Sharp Chapel accommodates handicapped visitors, with an automated double doorway on the South side of the Buford Atrium and with widened stalls in the public restrooms.