The couple is responsible for securing services of musicians for the ceremony. Decisions about music for the ceremony should be made in consultation with the minister conducting the service and the contracted musician(s).
Organists and/or other musicians are paid directly by the bride and groom.
- No large stereos or speakers may be added to the Sharp Chapel sound system
- “Boomboxes” and small stereos may be brought in
- Limit of one CD to be played through the Sharp Chapel Sound System
- Only organists who are approved by the University may play the organ for weddings in Sharp Chapel. See list below.
- The Chapel’s Baby Grand piano is available for use with no restriction
- Couples may also consider the use of a string quartet or harp
- A definite fee or honorarium should be agreed upon in advance of the rehearsal and wedding, based on the amount of time which will be required for music requested.
- Make a commitment to the organist/pianist and abide by your decision. The honorarium agreed upon should be given to the organist or the pianist at the time of the rehearsal.
Approved Organist/Pianist List
The organists listed below have been approved to play for weddings in Sharp Chapel.
|Name||Home Phone||Work Phone|
|Mike Gibson||918-630-0340 (c)||918-274-3535|
|Karen Rich||918-809-9748 (c)|
|Bruce Wilkin||918-645-8632 (c)|
(string quartet) Sara Richardson
|Tulsa Metro Pipe Band
(bagpipes) Cody Wagnon