Programs in Athletic Training
About Athletic Training
- Athletic trainers are healthcare professionals who work closely with physicians to not only administer preventative and emergency injury care for athletes and physically active individuals, but also follow through by setting up treatment regimen and rehabilitation protocols.
- The University of Tulsa Athletic Training Professional Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.
- The University of Tulsa is the only athletic training program in Oklahoma to offer an accelerated five-year Bachelor’s to Master’s program.
To practice as an athletic trainer, students must fulfill the following criteria:
- Earn a degree from a university with a CAATE-accredited athletic training program
- Complete the supervised practice courses, which require proficiency in required skill areas
- Earn a certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider or equivalent
- Pass the Board of Certification (BOC) exam
- Obtain appropriate state credentials
We prepare you to pass the BOC Certification Examination successfully by promoting high levels of professional and ethical conduct. Our graduates are well-equipped to pursue career opportunities in sports medicine, orthopedic clinics, universities, colleges, high schools, and industrial settings. With the profession branching out in recent years and projected to grow 21 percent through 2028, TU alumni have found exciting job opportunities with Cirque de Solei and Disneyland, Los Angeles Dodgers, and many more.
- Hospitals and medical centers
- Professional athletics
- Recreational centers
- Sports medicine clinics
Beyond the Classroom
- EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- STUDENT ENGAGEMENT
- SOCIAL JUSTICE & SERVICE
- JOB PLACEMENT
Set the stage for lifelong learning and success.
Make your TU experience as rich and diverse as you like.
Be the change you want to see.
Pursue success with confidence - backed by TU’s job placement guarantee.
Learn more and apply
Interested in Master of Athletic Training programs? Learn more about TU's Graduate School requirements, admission process, financial assistance, and research opportunities.
Learn about the Oxley College of Health & Natural Sciences
Our athletic training faculty are certified athletic trainers who foster a collaborative, experiential learning environment, motivating you to develop the skills and abilities needed to succeed as athletic trainers. Click below to learn more.
Find out what’s possible at The University of Tulsa.