Faculty Travel with External Support

Faculty members with ongoing, externally sponsored research are eligible for assistance (when funds are available) with round-trip airfare to attend one professional meeting per fiscal year, not to exceed $1,000 for domestic travel or $1,500 for international travel. The faculty member must be tenured, tenure-track or applied professors and have external funding which is administered through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. The purpose of this support is for faculty development; therefore visiting or adjunct faculty members are ineligible. Only the Principal Investigator (PI) is eligible, not the co-PIs. We encourage you to contact Debra Owen at 918-631-2714 if you have any questions about your project.

Applications for support may be submitted throughout the year for review and must be made prior to the travel. If the proposed trip involves travel abroad, the applicant is strongly advised to contact the Center for Global Education regarding international travel insurance.

The faculty member, the Department Chairperson and the Collegiate Dean must sign application forms. Completed requests for travel support may be scanned and emailed to Debra Owen in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. Approval of the request will be determined by Janet Haggerty, Vice Provost for Research.

Once travel assistance is approved, funds will be transferred to the department’s discretionary account, where they can be used to purchase the ticket through the Concur system or approved vendor.

Please note: university policy stipulates that reimbursement requests for any additional travel expenses from university funding must be made within 30 days of travel return. The end of the fiscal year is an exception; any expenses incurred in June must be submitted for reimbursement no later than the first week of July.

Faculty Travel with External Support