The Office of Post-Award Services assists researchers in managing the administrative and financial details of their projects after they have been awarded. Our office serves as the primary point of contact with the sponsor contracting office. We provide assistance with university-specific policies, procedures, forms, guidance, and post-award intranet site.
Post Award Basics
The Office of Post-Award Services provides the following services to The University of Tulsa community:
- Provides central oversight for the post-award fiscal activities of all sponsored projects
- Serves as the primary contact with the sponsor. We offer guidance and answer questions relating to the award. We also contact the awarding agency when necessary on the Principal Investigator’s behalf.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state rules and regulations governing the administration of sponsored projects
- Establishes sponsored projects accounts and budgets. Prepare and distribute Project Award Notices on new and continuing awards. The Project Award Notice establishes the account and sets the post-award activity into motion.
- Prepare, issue, and administer subcontracts to outside parties (sub-recipients)
- Approve internally and/or submit to sponsors:
- Changes in the scope of work
- Change or absence of Principal Investigator
- No-cost extensions
- Carryover of unobligated balances
- Requests for Pre-award Costs
- Budget revisions
- Approvals of all expenses
- Any changes to an award during the award period
- Manages time and effort reporting for sponsored programs
- Provide accounting and invoicing services on all awards including review and validation of financial transactions
- Provide account closing services when the award has ended
- Retain the financial award records for the appropriate amount of time after closing to adhere to sponsor requirements