Training and Other Requirement to Work on Animal Protocols
Individuals proposing to conduct research on animals at The University of Tulsa or assisting in the animal care must complete one or more training courses at www.citiprogram.org, in addition to other institutional trainings and requirements. All individuals working with animals must complete:
- CITI Training course: “Working with the IACUC” for PIs, Staff and Students
- CITI Training Course: Any species specific courses must also be completed when applicable and available (i.e. “Working with Mice in Research”)
- The University of Tulsa’s OSHA course, “Research and Laboratory Animal Care and Use”
TU Faculty will have this course set up on their Harvey Account. Students will need to have this course set up on their Harvey account. Please contact Marty Phillips at 918-631-2111 or email@example.com to activate and access this training course or contact the Coordinator of Research Compliance.
- University of Tulsa Health Assessment Form must be completed and submitted to the Alexander Health Center. Deliver the form to the Alexander Health Center in an envelope marked “Confidential” addressed to Stephanie Fell, Director of Alexander Health Center. You will be notified when you are cleared to work with animals. If an additional evaluation is necessary before approval is granted, you will be contacted by Director Fell.
- Current Tetanus Vaccination within the last ten years
If you do not have an up to date tetanus immunization, please contact Stephanie Fell or call the Alexander Health Center (918-631-2241) and an immunization will be provided.
IACUC Training Forms/Directions
If you have any questions on CITI Program training and other requirements, please contact the Coordinator of Research Compliance.
Contact: Carmen Schaar-Walden, Coordinator of Research Compliance, at 918-631-3310