Mandatory CITI Training for Human Subjects Research
The University of Tulsa IRB requires that all Principal Investigators (PIs), CO-PIs and all key personnel working on a human subject research protocol complete the required Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) training course before their project can receive IRB approval.
- To access the online training courses from CITI, please go to citiprogram.org.
Before submitting an IRB Application Form the PI, Peer Reviewer and Faculty Mentor (if the PI is an undergraduate or graduate student) who signed the IRB application form must have a current IRB training certificate.
You may also click on the step-by-step instructions for assistance in registering and adding the correct IRB training course.
The criteria used to determine if you are required to complete the IRB Training course is as follows:
- will interact in any way with the research subjects
- will obtain consent from research study subjects
- will administer instruments to the subjects or collect data from the subjects
- will work with or have access to identifiable information (even for a short period of time)
Contact: Carmen Schaar-Walden, Coordinator of Research Compliance, at 918-631-3310