Jan. 28 – Feb. 4, 2021
- Initial testing by members of the Starfish Implementation Committee
Feb. 5 – March 15, 2021
- Continued testing and updates by members of the Starfish Implementation Committee
March 15 – May 13, 2021
- Starfish pilot to include members of the Starfish Implementation Committee and invited faculty and staff members
- Train faculty and staff who are not members of the Starfish Implementation Committee
May 14 – May 23, 2021
- Use feedback obtained during the pilot to modify Starfish
- Open and begin offering training opportunities for new users, including:
- “Starfish Help Desk” office hours where faculty and staff can get one-on-one help using Starfish. This would mimic the virtual tutoring services we offer students in that Starfish users can drop in, get answers to their questions or help with a particular issue, and then go about their day!
- College or department-specific training that is coordinated by the associate deans
- Unit-specific training for staff, including sessions for academic advisors and success coaches
Note: Starfish will become TU’s official retention software product beginning the first day of the Summer 2021 semester, May 24, 2021. DropGuard will be archived shortly after this date. Please use Starfish to report any concerns, as DropGuard will no longer be available.
Please send any questions to StarfishHelp@utulsa.edu.
May 24, 2021, throughout fall 2021
- Continuation of “Starfish Help Desk” office hours
- Possible inclusion of a training session in New Student Orientation and Transfer Orientation
- Possible training sessions led by RAs within each residence hall
- Users are encouraged to visit TU’s Starfish website utulsa.edu/starfish/, which includes helpful resources including training materials and how-to videos.