Jan. 28 – Feb. 4, 2021
- Initial testing by members of the Starfish Implementation Committee
Feb. 5 – March 15, 2021
- Continued testing and updates by members of the Starfish Implementation Committee
March 15 – May 13, 2021
- Starfish pilot to include members of the Starfish Implementation Committee and invited faculty and staff members
- Train faculty and staff who are not members of the Starfish Implementation Committee
May 14 – May 23, 2021
- Use feedback obtained during the pilot to modify Starfish
- Open and begin offering training opportunities for new users, including:
- “Starfish Help Desk” office hours where faculty and staff can get one-on-one help using Starfish. This would mimic the virtual tutoring services we offer students in that Starfish users can drop in, get answers to their questions or help with a particular issue, and then go about their day!
- College or department-specific training that is coordinated by the associate deans
- Unit-specific training for staff, including sessions for academic advisors and success coaches
Note: TU’s contract with DropGuard ends June 30, 2021, so that system will close mid-summer and Starfish will become TU’s official retention software product.
May 24, 2021, throughout fall 2021
- Continuation of “Starfish Help Desk” office hours
- Possible inclusion of a training session in New Student Orientation and Transfer Orientation
- Possible training sessions led by RAs within each residence hall
- Users are encouraged to visit TU’s Starfish website utulsa.edu/starfish/, which includes helpful resources including training materials and how-to videos.