Disability Services

The Center for Student Academic Success offers a comprehensive range of services and accommodations for students with disabilities.  Our goal is to provide services that maximize students’ independence and ability to fully participate in TU curriculum.

Prospective and newly admitted students are encouraged to contact us to discuss their individual needs.

Read the letter below for information as you transition to the university:

Letter To Incoming Students

Making A Disability Accommodation Request

If you need a form in a different format, please contact CSAS by phone at 918-631-2315 or by email at csas@utulsa.edu.  Follow these steps to make a disability accommodation request (see the forms below for more details):

  • Submit the Application for Disability Services through the new Disability Services Portal.
  • Ask a qualified health care provider to either submit the Disability Verification Form and/or submit their own report documenting the conditions/diagnoses, functional limitations, and recommended accommodations.  Download and print the Disability Verification Form (to be completed by Psychiatrist/Psychologist/Diagnosing Physician/Licensed Health Care Provider)

Please note that the forms for requesting accommodations serve as a guide only.  A medical professional may submit their own reports or documents, as long as they contain adequate information to consider accommodation requests (such as diagnosis, functional limitations, recommended accommodations).

Veterans who wish to request disability accommodations may make an appointment with a licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician at the Hurricane Health Clinic to review documentation from the VA without submitting medical records in their entirety.  Only relevant diagnoses for requested accommodations will be shared directly from the Hurricane Health Clinic to the Center for Student Academic Success (CSAS) in order to make an accommodation request.

  • For requests for assistance animals, student should also ask their health care provider to fill out the Recommendation for Assistance Animal Form.  Download and print the Confidential Recommendation for Assistance Animal (to be Completed by Diagnosing Physician)
  • To request changes to existing accommodations, students should fill out the Change Form through the Disability Services Portal.  Submit any documentation from their health care provider with updates if needed to explain new needs.  Request for Change of Accommodations online.

Guidelines & Policies

Forms to Download & Print


Assistance for Students Facing Unforeseeable, Catastrophic Hardship or Medical Complications

The University of Tulsa works hard to offer special assistance to any student who faces unforeseeable, catastrophic personal hardship or medical complications and needs to seek full withdrawal from all classes. Students should contact the Center for Student Academic Success (CSAS) immediately to discuss any assistance available and to receive information regarding support referrals, deadlines, documentation, conditions and other requirements to establish and retain eligibility for this support. This type of assistance will not generally be granted on a retroactive basis, so students should talk with CSAS as soon as possible for help. Students are encouraged to obtain tuition insurance if the student has medical, psychological, or other conditions that might necessitate full withdrawal at some point. CSAS is located in Hardesty Hall Holmes Student Center 2nd Floor, 918-631-2315.