The Center for Student Academic Success offers a comprehensive range of services and accommodations for students with disabilities. Our goal is to provide services that maximize students’ independence and ability to fully participate in TU curriculum.
Prospective and newly admitted students are encouraged to contact us to discuss their individual needs.
Making A Disability Accommodation Request
If you need a form in a different format, please contact CSAS by phone at 918-631-2315 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow these steps to make a disability accommodation request (see the forms below for more details):
- Submit the Application for Disability Services through the new Disability Services Portal. Click the link for the form: Application for Disability Services
- Ask a qualified health care provider to either submit the Disability Verification Form and/or submit their own report documenting the conditions/diagnoses, functional limitations, and recommended accommodations. Click the link for the form: Disability Verification Form (to be completed by Psychiatrist/Psychologist/Diagnosing Physician/Licensed Health Care Provider)
- Please note that the forms for requesting accommodations serve as a guide only. A medical professional may submit their own reports or documents, as long as they contain adequate information to consider accommodation requests (such as diagnosis, functional limitations, recommended accommodations).
- Veterans who wish to request disability accommodations may make an appointment with a licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician at the Hurricane Health Clinic to review documentation from the VA without submitting medical records in their entirety. Only relevant diagnoses for requested accommodations will be shared directly from the Hurricane Health Clinic to the Center for Student Academic Success (CSAS) in order to make an accommodation request.
- For requests for assistance animals, student should also ask their health care provider to fill out the Recommendation for Assistance Animal Form. Click the link for the form: Confidential Recommendation for Assistance Animal (to be Completed by Diagnosing Physician)
- To request changes to existing accommodations, students should fill out the Change Form through the Disability Services Portal. Submit any documentation from their health care provider with updates if needed to explain new needs. Click the link for the form: Request for Change of Accommodations
Guidelines & Policies
- 504/ADA Accommodation Policy for Students with Disabilities
- Assistance Animals Guidelines
- AD/HD Documentation Guidelines for the Diagnosing Professional
- Learning Disabilities (LD) Documentation Guidelines for the Diagnosing Professional
- Rights and Responsibilities of Students with Accommodations
- Disability Verification Form (to be completed by Psychiatrist/Psychologist/Diagnosing Physician/Licensed Health Care Provider)
- Confidential Recommendation for Assistance Animal (to be Completed by Diagnosing Physician)