Housing FAQs - The University of Tulsa
Close Menu
Close Menu

Housing FAQs

Below are frequently asked questions related to housing and dining selection. If you are unable to find your answer please email campusservices@utulsa.edu

General Selection Questions

Yes, but it requires submitting a request to campusservices@utulsa.edu.

Retention research shows that living on campus can greatly enhance a student’s educational experience and success. Thus, all first year student are required to live in University Residence Halls and second year students are required to live on campus and both must participate in a University-provided meal plan unless they are formally exempted to reside in the primary residence of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) in which the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) reside full time and which is within a 20-mile radius of the campus. Students fulfill the requirement after spending two years living and dining on campus (post high school). Academic credit hours and/or class status do not exempt one from the policy. This policy applies to traditional first and second year students and international students. It also applies to transfer students who have not completed two years at another university (post high school). (Completing two (2) years of residency/dining post high school, not via earned credit hours fulfills the requirement.) Married students and students 21 years of age and older prior to the start of the license period are exempt. All first- or second-year students under 21 years of age desiring to live at home with parents/legal guardian(s) should complete a Housing Residency Exemption Form. This form should be completed in housing self-service, a parent or legal guardian’s drivers’ license or state-issued ID is required for upload. 

Because the Greek recruitment happens after everyone has moved into University Housing, please complete the housing agreement and self-selection process as described. Then once you have completed Greek recruitment, please follow this process and timeline for First-year Greek Moves.

The housing agreement is a commitment to live on campus for the entire academic year from the date it is signed and submitted.

Yes, you will need your TUnetID (ABC1234) and Password.

If you don’t know your TUnetID, the IT help desk can provide it for you. Please have your Student ID (Ex. 1234567) handy and call 918-631-3500 or email help@utulsa.edu and provide your student ID number and phone number and the help desk will return your call. All of this information is included on your TU portal.

If you don’t know your Student ID number, please double check your admissions emails or contact your admissions counselor.


Students who plan to return to the same apartment after their study abroad semester can sign up for Semester storage. Then they can leave all their belongings in the apartment and simply leave for the semester, and their roommate’s housing rate remains unchanged. A lock can be installed on the bedroom upon request for $40.

New incoming students may withdraw their housing application and request a refund of the housing application fee by May 1. The request must be received at campusservices@utulsa.edu by May 1. After May 1, the application fee is non-refundable. 



All university housing is open throughout the fall, winter and spring break periods. Certain sorority corporation boards may choose to close the houses during these low occupancy periods. Please see the housing schedule or contact your house leadership with questions regarding these policies.


New students to campus housing will pay the housing application fee before they see the Housing and Dining Agreement in Housing Self-Service. Current students residing in campus housing have already paid this will not be required to pay an application fee.

Current Students: Timeline will be announced December 15.

Parking permit registration will open for housing students within 24 hours of making a selection or receiving an assignment confirmation email.  For commuter students, the parking timeline is TBA.

All housing charges are based on the Housing Rates.

Current students will continue to have access until March 30.  After that time please contact campusservices@utulsa.edu.

All incoming students can use the roommate selection component of the Housing Application to make friends and interact with other incoming students starting January 15. Once students complete a housing and dining agreement (available February 1), they are able to match as roommate/suitemates (they are the same thing in this system) with other incoming students that have a completed housing and dining agreement.

#1 Self-Selection Priority – Current Apartment Resident (Switchers)

All apartment residents that complete a housing and dining agreement by March 12, will select in random order within this classification order (based on annual then academic agreement): 1. Law/Grad, 2. Seniors, 3. Juniors, 4. Sophomores, 5. Freshman.

#2 Self-Selection Priority – General Housing Lottery 

All other students that complete a housing and dining agreement by March 12, will select in random order within this classification order (based on annual then academic agreement): 1. Law/Grad, 2. Seniors, 3. Juniors, 4. Sophomores, 5. Freshman.

#3 Self-Selection Priority – First come, first served 

All other students that complete a housing and dining agreement after March 12, and by April 2, at 11:59 p.m. will self-select in order of application.

The roommate with the earliest start time will make the selection and choose the assignment for all matched roommates and suitemates.

These common-interest living communities offer you exclusive learning opportunities with faculty and staff around shared passions to apply what you learn in-class to everyday life. Some of the dynamic co-curricular communities include: 

  • “University Honors” (Hardesty Hall) for students enrolled in the TU Honors Program. 
  • “Esports & Gaming” (West Suites) offers a unique program for students interested in gaming, either as a member of university-sponsored Esports teams or as a recreational gamer. 
  • “First-Year Residential Experience” (FYRE) living-learning community, located in LaFortune House, promotes a smooth transition into college.
  • Students can apply for a Living-Learning Community on their housing agreement, but please note that space is limited. By choosing an LLC option you will not self-select online at a later time but will receive priority placement from our office with suite/apt mate matches in the corresponding community. 
  • For more information on LLC’s, please visit the LLC website.

University Apartments

Yes, you must maintain an electric account for your assigned apartment for the entire housing occupancy schedule, including Summer storage. Failure to start and maintain an account will result in utility bill chargeback and additional administrative fee. Student s contact PSO directly at psoklahoma.com or 888-216-3523.

All apartments are unfurnished. All apartments have kitchen appliances including a refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal. All apartments have full-size laundry machines in a utility area. 

Yes, this can be arranged. Please email your requests to campusservices@utulsa.edu and we will be happy to assist.