TU undergraduates who will graduate in May 2016 are invited to nominate a high school teacher who inspired them. The winning teachers will be recognized during the May commencement ceremony. Only high school teachers throughout the United States are eligible.
- Nominations are due by 5 p.m., Dec. 14, 2015.
- Selected teachers will receive a $2,000 award and their high schools will receive $1,000.
- Students whose nominated teachers are selected will receive $500.
Graduating seniors should send nominations to the dean’s office of their college via email as follows:
- Henry Kendall College of Arts and Sciences: Stephanie-Boulden@utulsa.edu
- Collins College of Business: Tami-Barrett@utulsa.edu
- College of Engineering & Natural Sciences: Dottie-Smith@utulsa.edu
- Oxley College of Health Sciences: Laurie@utulsa.edu
Please include the following in your email:
- The name of the teacher
- The address of your high school in which the teacher is still teaching
- The name of the principal
- In no more than 1,500 words, describe why the teacher should be selected. The criteria for the selection is that the teacher inspired you in some way in high school, and thus contributed to your intellectual and personal growth.