I hope everyone is able to enjoy these recent days full of sunshine. I admit this has been a tough month. We’ve leaned into the COVID situation and continue to work hard to ensure our colleagues are taken care of but, whew, the George Floyd news packed a punch mentally.
Disappointment. Anger. Frustration. And from my place of privilege, I recognize my thoughts and feelings are a fraction of those held by my friends, colleagues and peers that weren’t born with this shade of skin. Your IT team is engaged, supportive and we are with you. We are listening. We are here.
In the midst of this national unrest, IT is responding to current needs and preparing for our fall semester. We are planning for all scenarios and starting with the ‘worst case’ ones to guarantee we are ready.
The month of June includes:
- Drafting a communication to send to our students to share technology needs for 2020/21. IT has not been so bold as to make technology recommendations in the past, however, if this is the role we can play in student success, we are all about it.
- Finalizing our wifi/network path to dramatically improve connectivity on campus and access to campus while socially distanced and remote working/teaching/learning.
- Cleaning up our back office systems to allow us to make better use of automated processes.
- Upgrading classroom technology to empower a location-fluid environment that is capable of delivering our stellar TU education.
- Reimagining our staff alignment and budget to be certain WE ARE READY.
We are here. We are working. We are thankful to be supporting such an amazing group of students, faculty and staff. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.
As always, if you need anything or would like to share concerns/ideas, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you for everything you do!
Vice President for Information Technology & Chief Information Officer
Email me: email@example.com