If you aren’t already working remotely, please talk with your supervisor and begin the process. While our campus is still open, we are watching our peers make decisions to minimize exposure to coronavirus and flatten the COVID-19 curve. PLEASE PREPARE FOR THIS. As of today, Facilities Management is 90% remote, IT is 70% remote and Marketing and Communications is 100% remote. Let us help you get there.
Top Tech Topics for March 18
- OneDrive, Office365, email, self-service and more is available to you 24/7 at portal.utulsa.edu.
- Shared Space, Colleague and X Drive require VPN access:
1: Access VPN at https://utulsa.edu/information-technology/support/vpn/
2: Connect to VPN
3: Connect to systems as usual
- The IT Help Desk has left McFarlin Library and is now remote (no drop-ins). Contact us anytime at https://utulsa.edu/information-technology/.
- Connect on campus: If you have received a laptop or computing device “on the fly” to support remote work, make sure you log in to the device first on campus. This registers you to our network and allows us to support you remotely.
- Eliminate future confusion: Our IT Support Team is meeting with departments to doublecheck devices before your departure. If you would like to schedule time for us to review devices and ensure they are set up for remote success, request a visit via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before you leave campus, change your password at https://utulsa.edu/information-technology/support/change-reset-password/
- When in doubt, reboot first! IT is making continuous changes in response to tech demands on campus. Though 99% of these will be seamless, some might require a reboot. Try that before asking for assistance.
Have a wonderful day and, as always — face-to-face or at a distance — this team is proud to serve you!
Vice President for Information Technology and CIO
University of Tulsa