Enjoy fresh air and Tulsa’s spring weather in this special space on Thomas Plaza, located just west of Chapman Stadium. Amenities include cozy seating, fire pits, hammocks, a covered study pavilion and bistro lighting.
Sponsored by the Office of Student Life and the TU Student Association
- Open: Monday to Friday, from 5 to 10 p.m. (Wednesday, March 23, to Wednesday, April 27)
- Access: This space is only for TU students and staff with a student ID to enjoy informal gatherings, small student-organization meetings and university-sanctioned and scheduled events.
- *NEW FOR 2022* — Unique nightly experiences
- Live Music Mondays: Listen to TU students perform from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Tuesdays at the Plaza: Enjoy snacks, including hot dogs, nachos, candy and popcorn, plus a selection of beers and hard seltzers. Pay with cash, credit cards, dining dollars and Hurricane Gold dollars. Students aged 21 and over with proper identification (state-issued ID) will be given wristbands to purchase alcohol. We will continue this trial run as long as students uphold TU policies, including no underage drinking, alcohol staying in the TU Outdoors space at all times, and no bringing of outside alcohol onto the premises.
- Hurricane Hangouts on Thursdays: A changing series of student events.
- Policies: Alcohol brought from outside, drugs, smoking and vaping are not allowed. Please do not touch or attempt to adjust the fire pits and equipment; they will be turned on and off each evening by staff. Please do not move or remove items from Thomas Plaza; games and installations should remain in place at all times. If these policies and/or the Student Code of Conduct are not followed, a student conduct report will be forwarded to the Office of the Dean of Students for judicial proceedings.
In case of inclement weather, closures of TU Outdoors at Thomas Plaza will be announced on the SA instagram story by 5 p.m. for the same night.
Have questions? Email Scott Gove, assistant dean of students, at firstname.lastname@example.org.