Enjoy fresh air and Tulsa’s spring weather in this special space on Thomas Plaza, just west of Chapman Stadium. Amenities include cozy seating, fire pits, hammocks, covered pavilion, bistro lighting and tons of outdoor games available for check-out through staff.
- Operating hours: Open seven days a week from 7 p.m. until midnight Monday, March 1, through Friday, April 16, 2021.
- Access: This space is only for TU students with a student ID for informal gatherings, small student org meetings and university sanctioned/scheduled events. The Office of Residence Life along with the TU Student Association will target specific days and times to offer student programming and activities.
- Health protocols: Students must follow COVID-19 safety protocols at all times: wear a mask over nose and mouth, maintain physical distancing and refrain from gathering in groups of more than 10. Thomas Plaza will be continuously staffed and sanitized while in operation. Please do not touch the fire pits and equipment; they will be turned on and off each evening by staff.
- Policies: Alcohol, drugs, smoking and vaping are not allowed in this community space. If these protocols and/or the Student Code of Conduct are not followed, the student conduct report will be forwarded to the Dean of Students office for judicial proceedings.
- Moving items: Furniture, games and installations should remain in place at all times. Please do not move or remove items from Thomas Plaza at any time as they are pre-set for safety.
Sponsored by Enrollment & Student Services, Residence Life and TU Student Association
In case of inclement weather, closures of “TU Outdoors at Thomas Plaza” will be listed on the SA instagram story by 5 p.m. for the same night.