CAPS Referral Services - The University of Tulsa

FAQ Category: CAPS Referral Services

What if I need help finding resources on campus?

It can sometimes be overwhelming to navigate all of the great student services provided at TU. We would be happy to meet with you to give you direction on which student services match your interests and needs (e.g. advocacy, accommodations, health and wellness, community connection, etc.) and provide first steps to connect with those services at one of our consultation appointments.

What if I want long-term services?

Many students would like to find a therapist that they can connect with throughout their entire college experience. Our clinic utilizes a brief model of treatment where the average number of sessions is 6 and as a training clinic, we also have different trainees providing care each semester or year in addition to our permanent staff. So, if you are looking for long-term services, often a referral to a community provider is the best fit. Let us know this preference at your consultation and we would be happy to get you connected to one.

What if I need or want a higher level of care?

Based on our clinic’s treatment model and our mission to provide high quality services to as much of the TU community as possible, students needing a higher level of care (such as multiple sessions per week) may need a referral to a community provider. Our consultation clinicians can help match your specific needs and goals to the best plan of care for you!

What if I want specialized help for something specific like disordered eating, autism spectrum disorders, or domestic violence?

While our clinicians have focused training in a variety of student concerns, we also maintain referral resources for specialized care in our local community. At a consultation appointment we will match your needs and resources (such as insurance) to the best fit of services at TU or in our community.