Who hasn’t worried about the mounting costs of textbooks and reading materials? TU is introducing a new program to help reduce the cost of textbooks.
All continuing undergraduate students will be assessed $25 per credit hour. For example, if you are enrolled in 15 credit hours, your student account will be charged $375 for all your required textbooks. The charge is posted directly to your TU Tuition and Fees bill and can be paid with your university charges or using financial aid. This program may not be for everyone, so there is an opportunity to opt out.
Students will be able to opt out of this program from January 2, 2023 until February 2, 2023 for the spring 2023 semester.
The benefits of TU’s Undergraduate Textbook Program for continuing upper-class students:
- Having required reading materials on Day One makes it easier to be more successful in class
- Easily access, manage and use digital materials
- Minimize the time spent searching for deals on textbooks
- No worries about getting the wrong title or wrong edition
How does TU’s textbook program work?
- Once you register for your courses, your course list will be sent to the Campus Bookstore. The store will prepare your required reading materials for you!
- When available, materials will be provided in a digital textbook format (e-book). If an e-book is not available, a physical book will be provided. Physical books are considered rentals and must be returned to the Campus Bookstore at the end of the semester unless otherwise stated by the store.
- An email will be sent to your TU email address when your books are ready for pick up in the Student Union.
Added or Dropped Classes
If you add a new class and physical books are required, you will receive another email that your order is ready. Please pick up your materials at the Campus Bookstore during regular store hours once you receive this email.
If you drop a class (including section changes) or if any of your classes are canceled, please return materials to the Campus Bookstore. DO NOT keep them until the end of the term.
- To avoid non-return charges for dropped classes, please return rented physical products to the store immediately.
- Products must be returned in its original condition.
End-of-Semester Textbook Return
- All physical rental books must be returned to the Campus Bookstore when the semester ends.
- The final deadline to turn in your textbooks is the end of the semester.
- If books are not returned, you will be assessed a fine and be required to pay to replace these materials.
- If you wish to keep a book, or if a book is lost or damaged, you may convert to purchase at the Campus Bookstore at any time throughout the semester by paying a fee.
Questions? Email email@example.com