Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How can I apply for admission to The University of Tulsa

A: If you will be entering as a Freshman, please use the first year application. This application is for first year applicants who have not attended a university or college since high school.

If you have obtained college credits since high school you will be using our transfer application. This application is for students who have previously enrolled at a college or university, including technical and military programs.

Please note that the application fee and enrollment deposit will be waived for veterans.

Q: How can I apply for educational benefits?

A: You must apply for your educational benefits through the VA online at For eligibility or payment history questions visit Prior to each semester an Enrollment Certification will be completed and processed by the Office of Veterans Affairs. If you have any questions regarding your education benefits you may email Cindy Watts, at or call 918-631-3985 to make an appointment.

Q: I have a parent who is a veteran. How can I receive VA education benefits because of their service time?

Q: How long does it take for me to start receiving money from my VA benefits?

A: The Office of the Registrar certifies students’ enrollments to the VA prior to the beginning of the term. Post 9-11 recipients should receive books and supplies funding two weeks prior to the first day of classes.

Q: Can I qualify for financial aid even though I receive VA benefits?

A: Yes. Apply for financial aid through Amounts and eligibility will vary per student. If you only qualify for loans, you have the option to decline them.

Q: Can I receive credit for my military training?

A: It is possible but it is up to the school to accept your military training according to your degree plan. Your first step would be to send your JST, VMET, and other college transcript (if applicable) to the TU Office of Admission.

Q: How can I help the Student Veterans Organization with their goals?

A: There are many ways that are equally appreciated.

  1. Encourage Veterans and Veterans’ Supporters to check out our website, and facebook page.
  2. Donate what you can and feel is right and get listed with other epic donors.
  3. Become a sponsor to show your support for Veterans (and get added publicity and backlinks to your domain).
  4. Contact us via e-mail.
Q: How can I stay up-to-date with the Student Veterans Organization away from

A: You can follow us on Facebook and and join our mailing list and export our Events Calendar.

Q: How many credit hours must I have to be considered fulltime?

A: Undergraduate and law students who take a minimum of 12 credit hours a semester during the spring and fall terms are considered full-time. Graduate students need to take at least 9 credit hours to be considered full-time.

Q: Who maintains this website?

A: A group of awesome TU Student Veterans and Veterans’ supporters. Want to help? Contact the Webmaster here.

Q: Are there any scholarships for which I can apply?

A: Yes, there’s an ever-growing list on our Resources web page.