Who can use the Yellow Ribbon Program?
- Admitted applicants whose percentage of payable benefits equal 100 percent and have served at least 36 months of active duty may be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program at TU. There is no limit of Yellow Ribbon recipients. Qualified veterans may receive 100 percent paid tuition.
Does it cover anything other than tuition?
- Recipients may also be eligible for a housing allowance from Department of Veteran Affairs, which can be used on campus or off campus, and up to $1,000 a year for books and supplies.
How is the Yellow Ribbon program different than my other benefits?
- The Yellow Ribbon program at TU is an extension of the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
What if I didn’t serve 36 months of active duty?
- Veterans who have served an aggregate period of 90 days, but less than 36 months of active duty, also may apply to receive a percentage of payable benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
- For more information about VA benefits and outside scholarships at TU, click here.
- For general information from the VA about benefits, click here.
For any questions or concerns contact Cindy Watts, TU Director of Veteran Affairs.