Accessibility for Students - The University of Tulsa
Close Menu
Close Menu

Accessibility for Students

Applying for Accommodations

  • Submit the Student Accommodation Request
  • Ask a qualified health care provider to either submit the Accommodation Verification Form and/or submit their own report documenting the conditions/diagnoses, functional limitations, and recommended accommodations.  Download and/or print the Student Accommodation Verification Form (to be completed by Psychiatrist/Psychologist/Diagnosing Physician/Licensed Health Care Provider
  • For requests for assistance animals, students should also ask their health care provider to fill out the Recommendation for Assistance Animal Form.  Download and print the Confidential Recommendation for an Assistance Animal (to be Completed by Diagnosing Physician)

Requesting change/modification to existing accommodations

  • To request changes to existing accommodations, students should fill out the Request for Change of Accommodations through the Accessibility Services Portal.
  • Submit any documentation from your health care provider with updates, if needed, to explain new needs.

Student Accessibility FAQs

Please note that the forms for requesting accommodations serve as a guide only.  A medical professional may submit their own reports or documents, as long as they contain adequate information to consider accommodation requests (such as diagnosis, functional limitations, recommended accommodations).

Veterans who wish to request accommodations may make an appointment with a licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician at the Hurricane Health Clinic or a Student Access staff member to review documentation from the VA without submitting medical records in their entirety.  Only relevant diagnoses for requested accommodations will be shared in order to make an accommodation request.

Assistance for Students Facing Unforeseeable, Catastrophic Hardship or Medical Complications

The University of Tulsa works hard to offer special assistance to any student who faces unforeseeable, catastrophic personal hardship or medical complications and needs to seek full withdrawal from all classes. Students should contact Student Access immediately to discuss any assistance available and to receive information regarding support referrals, deadlines, documentation, conditions and other requirements to establish and retain eligibility for this support.

This type of assistance will not generally be granted on a retroactive basis, so students should talk with Student Access as soon as possible for help. Students are encouraged to obtain tuition insurance if the student has medical, psychological, or other conditions that might necessitate full withdrawal at some point.

Student Access is located in Hardesty Hall Holmes Student Center, 918-631-2315.

Medical Withdrawal Policy

Medical Leave of Absence Policy

Hardship Withdrawal Policy